Wizard 12 Help

dotandjohn1

Cadet
I have an old wizard 12 and i can not find even a picture that is close to it...the only markings on the boat clamp is 2666...Thanks JohnIMAG0236(1).jpgIMAG0240.jpgIMAG0238.jpgIMAG0235.jpgIMAG0236(1).jpgIMAG0240.jpgIMAG0238.jpgIMAG0235.jpg

dotandjohn1

Cadet
Re: Wizard 12 Help

Thanks SeaKaye12...not sure how you did it...people have been pulling years and info out of their arse...the info you provided does explain alot tho...

SeaKaye12

Lieutenant Junior Grade

John; it was your pictures that made it easy. I grew up around motors like that and know that it's a Scott. Various people made motors for Wizard (Western Auto) such as [SIZE=+1] Kiekhaefer, Gale Products, Oliver, McCulloch, Chrysler and Eska. [/SIZE]

Fortunately....Scott made only a couple of 12 HP models; so that narrowed it down a bit. Here's another source./..and they also sell parts:

http://www.discount-marine-parts.com/ob_mcculloch_wizard.html

Does your motor run well? Are you looking for any parts in particular?

Chuck

dotandjohn1

Cadet

Thanks for the info Chuck...This motor runs really good...currently I have it attached to a 12' wide bottom jon boat...I was even pulling my grand daughters on a tube a couple of weeks ago...they loved it...they are young and it wasnt real fast...but fast enough for them...Thanks Again John

jim j geezer

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Just an interesting tidbit that tends to demonstrate Scott McCulloch's "ahead-of-their-time" engineering: Look at the hole that runs through the rear brace that mounts the recoil starter assembly. The hole is threaded and intends to serve as a place to "store" two spare spark plugs. My '59-'60 7.5 Scott McCulloch has the same feature.

Scott McCulloch 22 - 4 001.jpg