Wish I could say it to her face

gonefishie

Commander
Got news today that my ex fell victim to texting. She could never put that doggum phone down.
:D :D

Attachments

• text and fly.jpg
    text and fly.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 0

scipper77

Commander
Re: Wish I could say it to her face

Now that's funny right there! Do you have a link to a larger picture of that? I want to foreword that to my wife.

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

If the car makers would just install some type of signal blocker that activates when the vehicle is in motion the roads would be a much safer place.
Maybe allow only 911 calls.
I watched every car that passed me on the highway one day and realized at least 1 in 3 were texting or on the phone.Always in the left lane speeding and swerving back and forth..:rolleyes:

A little off topic but had to vent...;)

The worst are young women and teenagers...

Great pic fishie!

Beefer

Lieutenant Commander

I think there should be a requirement for the manufacturers of the phones to disable texting when the phone is traveling at X mph or more (10?). Since almost all phones have GPS anyways, I don't think this would be difficult to employ.

Mike Robinson

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I think there should be a requirement for the manufacturers of the phones to disable texting when the phone is traveling at X mph or more (10?). Since almost all phones have GPS anyways, I don't think this would be difficult to employ.

The problem with that is the texter/cell phone user could be a passenger in a vehicle.

LadyFish

Admiral

gonfishie, I think you should send it as a PSA (Public Service Announcement).:p

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

I'm glad LadyFish checked in. I had concerns for her safety.:D:D:D

scipper77

Commander

maybe this thread should be moved to our new safety forum??

BTW, If a certain phone or carrier wouldn't allow me to use my phone in a moving car you better believe I wouldn't spend my $$ on that phone or carrier. Passengers shouldn't be the victims here. Those who abuse the rules ruin it for the rest of us.

DayCruiser

Ensign

DUICOT--Driving under the influence of Cell or Text. Epidemic here among civilians and police. Easy to spot. Slow driving and swerving like they have drank a case of beer in an hour.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

but I have ben toying with the idea of a low power transmitter that would disrupt cell service in about a 20-30 ft radius using a white noise signal generator.
man I hate idiots on cell phones that bob and weave from KDH to wanchese.
would be nice to hit the transmit button and force them to either hang up or crash while trying the redial.

tx1961whaler

Vice Admiral

but I have ben toying with the idea of a low power transmitter that would disrupt cell service in about a 20-30 ft radius using a white noise signal generator.
man I hate idiots on cell phones that bob and weave from KDH to wanchese.
would be nice to hit the transmit button and force them to either hang up or crash while trying the redial.

Really, really illegal to jam radio signals. Would be fun though!

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

That pic is great. Think I'll make a Christmas card from it for my wifes new cell phone for a gift. :D

I just wish there was a easy access button one could push to resend the sender while driving an automated text or voice message saying "The person you are trying to reach is occupied at this time. They will call when they are able". I don't make calls and especially don't text while driving. I sure hate getting calls while I'm enroute to and from service calls. If I don't answer, the office and boss will keep trying until I answer. Sometimes there is no place to pull over for miles. That in itself can be dangerous at times if you stop to call/answer and then return to traffic can be just as dangerous.

scipper77

Commander

I use a Blutooth headset. I can't figure out how to text with it yet:eek: