Wisdom Teeth

ED21

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Wisdom Teeth

Just get your pain prescription filled before the anethesia wears off.<br />When it does wear off you won't want to wait.<br />I can't imagine 4 at once. <br />A good way to loose a few pounds I guess.

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br />
Originally posted by The Professor:<br />
Originally posted by LadyFish:<br /> I don't even have my wisdom teeth yet. :eek:
Oooooooooooh, so that's the problem! :D
:eek: Thought you'd slip that one in did ya? :p <br /><br />Truth be known....that's just one of the problems. :(
Sorry LF,<br /><br />I just couldn't resist. :rolleyes: <br />JKJKJKJKJKJKJKJKJKJK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Should have had 4 done when I was in college. Didn't do it and because of that bottom front teeth became crowded (a little overlaped & crooked). No problem with upper fronts cause I broke a couple of em and I think they adjusted the caps to avoid crowding.<br /><br />Back upper wisdom cracked 'cause things were so tight back there it was really difficult to keep clean, cavity left too long untreated, etc. I was amazed at how easy the extraction went. No pain, just a little pressure. I didn't even realize that he was done; I think I had subconsciously expected him to pick up a pair of 10" pliers, put one foot on my chest for leverage, and start pulling, lol.<br /><br />Little bit of an inconvenience for 5 or 6 days cause you need to keep the socket free from sucking (thats why no straws allowed) and food particles. <br /><br />My advice would be to definately get it done before it effects your other teeth (wish I would have). I'd have em do one side at a time instead of all 4 at once. Seems like it would be ALOT easier to keep food away from that side while the sockets healed over. Based on my experience, can't see the need for more than a local anesthetic, there really wasn't any pain, but maybe I was just lucky...<br /><br />The cost was around $100 to extract the one tooth, wonder if the $1700 was due to impactions requiring oral surgery?