Wisconsin state quarters- could be worth $$$

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander
Wisconsin quarters- Your State Quarter Could Be Worth $600!<br />It could be if it has an extra leaf (or a flaw that looks like a leaf) on the cornstalk pictured on the tail side of the coin. Individual Wisconsin quarters with the extra leaf sell for $500 to $600 depending on the condition. The extra markings were first noticed in Tucson in December, and so far all the flawed coins have been found in Tucson and San Antonio, Texas. It's not clear if the markings were put there intentionally or if a gouge or foreign object in the die caused the variation. The U.S. Mint is investigating the markings, which occur only on coins that were minted in Denver. On Monday, Rick Show of Eagle Eye Rare Coins Inc. in Tucson, Ariz., sold three Wisconsin quarters for $1,099. The market is expected to be huge for these Wisconsin quarters since none of the previous 29 state quarters were found to have any quirks or variations. <br />No if you'll excuse me I'm going to look through my collection.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Wisconsin state quarters- could be worth $$$

Ofcourse the WI quarters are worth more.<br />Everything from WI is worth more. :)

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

:rolleyes: lol, Roscoe .<br />I heard aboutthe quarters on the radio, and it had me telling everyone to check thier pockets.

NYMINUTE

Captain

What! Now you tell me after I traded all mine for a block of Colby chedder!!

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

It's not fair. Tucson??? Why not Oshkosh? We Cheeseheads should get first dibbs! :(

sangerwaker

Commander

Yup. We checked all ours last night and no flawed ones. I wouldn't mind finding a few. They news said the quarters' worth could not be judged yet because no one knows how many of the flawed quarters were made. If there proves to be very few, the folks who sold theirs for $500 might have some serious regrets.

LubeDude

Admiral

OK, so how do you know if it has an "EXTRA". leaf?

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

It's not really a leaf, ........... Its a weed. :p Lots of different farmers here.

ebbtide176

Commander

it figures. i had just cleaned out my truck's ashtray saturday, where i gather the anniversary quarters for my daughter's collection, (she she was born in 99 when it started) and put them in a cup on the kitchen counter... i'm pretty sure i had some wisc qtr's also...<br /><br />daughter had a friend spend the night, and we took them to church sunday. got home, found out wife had 'thought you left them for her piggybank' :rolleyes: so she figured it was ok to give it to them for tithing collection...<br /><br />at first i was a little peeved, but then i figured i got the best value out of them anyway. ;) i hope i can get one of those qtr's, i'm still missing 3 from 2004