Wiring In Electric Fuel Pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick Stephens

Admiral
Thanks Rick!

Re point #5, I actually have that, which on my engine, is located next to the distributor. I actually tested it today where is ran around 224 ohms @ 0 oil pressure (over a few seconds, it varied up to about 245 ohms). However, I recall it only having one, small threaded connector on the end. The other end bolted into the intake manifold. Am I missing something?

That should be the oil pressure sender for your dash gauge. You need to build a pipe Tee and screw in a pressure switch to go along with the sensor.

Re the last point (#6), I mis-worded my question. Is there a 3 or 4-way connector that I should be looking for? Or just peel back the plastic sleeve and expose the wiring, and then fray that wiring, wind the new wiring into that existing wiring, solder and heat shrink?

I would look for a convenient purple wire and just cut it and splice off it. You can look at the wiring diagram and find the different places that wire runs. It comes from the ignition switch.

Quarterwave

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi everyone,

I made some progress today, and was able to get the slave solenoid bracket mounted using the rear carburetor studs, and then fixed the 10 pin connector to the solenoid bracket. So, success! (pic attached for reference).

However, I didn't have as much success with the pipe thread tee. The brass one that I ordered was too short and was hitting the intake manifold. (please see pics for reference - the black colored one is the existing fitting, that is not screwed in all the way (I removed it and just hand-threaded it in for the pic)).

Is there a Mercruiser (or equivalent) part for this?

Attachments

• photo295195.jpg
    photo295195.jpg
    427 KB · Views: 32
  • photo295196.jpg
    photo295196.jpg
    446.7 KB · Views: 32
  • photo295197.jpg
    photo295197.jpg
    452.8 KB · Views: 32

Jmaupin

Recruit
Hey Rick could you help me. I’m a idiot at wiring electric, but I bought the 5 pin relay and the 3 prong oil pressure switch. To idiot proof it for me. I got the straight from battery to 30, but what hooks to 85,86,87 or 87a? And on the 3 prongs with the center prong up top, where do those go. I’m sorry just not very bright when it comes to this

Status
Not open for further replies.