FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I bought a 96 Sea Rayder with the sportjet 120 back last June, I didn't get manuals or any other information with the boat, Can anyone tell me how to winterize this boat engine?
This is basically a Force 120 outboard motor on a jet drive. I believe there is no need to winterize, but I never looked into it cause I live in Houston. Perhaps someone else will chime in.<br /><br />Also, most Mercury Sport Jet questions are posted in the Mercury outboard forum. Might get a better answer there.<br /><br />Ken
What I meant to say is that there are no worries on freeze damage. The Sport Jet engines are self draining.<br /><br />But you still have to follow the normal outboard winterizing procedures (fogging) and also change the jet drive oil.<br /><br />Ken