Winner on TN was lying about their No Rot Stringer System

pny212

Seaman
Re: Winner on TN was lying about their No Rot Stringer System

who really cares if there is wood in the transom, these are some of the most solid boats ever built back in the day, I have never had an issue with mine

slinkeey

Seaman Apprentice

That's great.. I know they made a solid boat..

I just wonder why they were misleading saying that their stringers are wood free.

pny212

Seaman

I dont think they ever said anything about the stringers, it was the no wood grillage was the deal

my brother has a 88 angler 204 that is all wood and his boat is kick *** and solid as well, the wood was just the frame like most houses and how long do they last, well not to long down here in Florida but up north they do

take care of anything and it will last, unless it comes from China, then it's just luck if it last.

no pun or offence intended

turtles11756

Petty Officer 1st Class

hello. i can't understand why they made such a well made boat (winner) then used plywood for the transom ? i saved a 1969' cobra model from the junk yard for sure all original built like a Sherman tank but the transom wood has all but disappeared from sitting outside for 25+ years. someday i might get to it but it won't be easy the way the rest of the boat was built:confused: