Will the price of gas make you spend less time on the water?

Will the price of gas make you spend less time on the water?

• I will not go out as much.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • No I will cut back other places.

Votes: 59 59.0%
  • I will have friends that go out with me chip in on gas.

Votes: 10 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kymasabe

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Will the price of gas make you spend less time on the water?

I sold my boat and bought a smaller boat with smaller outboard. I've found that with the simplicity of scaling down and the lower fuel use, I'm spending MORE time on the water than before.

zach103

Commander

my boat hasnt seen the water once this year..except the hose... so as much as i can go out i will be

tcindie

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I agree this poll needs more options. The gas prices aren't affecting me much as I work from home, so I'm not blowing the $50/week I would otherwise be (and that's with my Aveo that averages roughly 36mpg)

But like Zach, my boat hasn't really seen the water either -- save for nearly sinking at the launch the first day I had her.. Assuming I finish the repairs in time I'll be spending as much time out on the water as possible before the end of the season.

Navy Jr.

Senior Chief Petty Officer

We're new to boating this year and ordered our boat before gas went to $4/gal. Nevertheless, the price of gas hasn't changed our plans. Still get out at least once a week on area lakes.

We towed our Lund 1750 Fisherman into a head wind 200+ miles to a cabin in northern Minnesota and averaged 17.8 mpg (Toyota 4Runner V-6 4WD). No complaints.

As for the boating experience, it's been great, in large part because of what I've learned from this forum (thanks!!). So far so good.

carpaediem123

Seaman Apprentice

We are not spending less time, however we do find ourselves anchored or floating more that we used to and a little less running and racing than we used to. The boat doesn't have to be in motion all the time to enjoy the lifestyle!

beilwing

Seaman Apprentice

Being a new boat owner I don't have any previous year to compare my habits too, but we go out every weekend, as long as the weather cooperates.

Same here, plus I'm another one that spends more getting to the water and getting home. We're tied up with a group most of the time so we put about $50 in the boat tank if we go out both days.

sar3195

Seaman Apprentice

My 40 Yamaha does not use that much gas so I will not cut back.

randyb57

Cadet

I just bought my boat 2 weeks ago...a Ranger Fish/Ski with a Johnson 150HP V6....no real close lakes here...2 hours plus....and I have a 30' trailer that I tow (the wife will tow the boat)....I drive a F250 with a V10 and she has a Chevy Trailblazer...we are not close to being well off, but we do well, and I plan to get this boat out on one of the local lakes every chance I get....I didn't buy it to sit....hope you all can use yours as much as you want and have the fun I plan to... Via Con Dios...

Status
Not open for further replies.