Why are you not boating today?

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Why are you not boating today?

Originally posted by OBJ:<br /> Skiing anybody???? Snow skiing that is.... :)
Heck, guess I will have to go get the snowmobile out of storage now. :mad:

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Just checked the weather map Les....you may get a little down thar yerself. Oh well.....only got to use my new snowblower just once. Maybe get to use it again..... :D :D

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

Becuase I suspect the weather has driven the crappie back to deep water and it is not the kind of day I spend on the water for the fun of it...The wind today was just plain COLD!

sue5878

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Sunday morning here and just checked the weather sites, out of habit. 5 -10 knots offshore breeze<br />not raining not cold but gotta go to the airport to pick up my daughter. Isn't it strange if you have something on the weather is perfect.<br /><br />Hopefully Achris is out getting tea, but he'd need to be 100 under with the swell running.<br /><br />GR

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

This is the first weekend fo Red Snapper season and naturally the weather is perfect but the wind and seas aint cooperating. :mad: <br />North winds 15 to 20 knots. :rolleyes: <br />Seas 4ft near shore 5 to 7ft offshore :eek: and thats were the Snapper stay. :( <br /><br />On a more positive note, the Snapper will be BIGGER!!!! Next weekend. :D :D

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I wish I was - but the winter weather is starting to make itself known down here...

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Too cold<br />Too many other projects<br />boat not ready<br />need new Gimble Bearing<br />had to go buy my kids new shoes today.<br />disposed of over $700 at menards on wood for my project. <br />The list goes on. Will be there next month when it warms up a bit.

Belchy

Petty Officer 1st Class

Stuck inside craming for my last university exam :( <br /><br />And calling for a chance of flurries tomorrow and monday

11 footer

Lieutenant

It was raining all day today, but the boat (JB's) is ready to go. :p I was out Wendsday for the first run of the season

jinx

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Severe storms today, gale warning tomorrow. That about does me in.<br /><br />Jinx

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Well it is snowing but they canceled the snow advisories. Nothing sticking so far. Still can't go out on the water.....cold.

cajun555

Chief Petty Officer

I don't have any excusses here so wife and I went yesterday and we will probally go again today after she gets off work.

PW2

Commander

Can't find chains for the prop that fit

bh357

Chief Petty Officer

Last week I was contemplating pulling out the boat this weekend. That plan seemed fine until next winter decided to make an early enterance. :eek:

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

1. Working<br />2. Still need to rewire trailer from that darn dog eating entire harness and lights. :mad: <br />3. Need to de-winterize and tune the boat<br />4. Still haven't purchased a tow vehicle :eek: :( <br />5. Weather is nasty anyway<br />6. Have worked so much this year, haven't even found time to get a fishing license. :mad: This is the first time in 27 years I didn't get out on opening day for trout.<br /><br /><br />If I keep going, I'm gonna start feeling suicidal so I'll stop here

lostintexas

Cadet

i have to repair said boat so that i can go. its a never ending cycle. <br /><br />go fishing and break boat.<br />fix boat to go fishing.

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

I'm having a screening colonoscopy tomorrow so I ain't going anywhere. Actually I am going, I just ain't leaving the house. :D

bassman283m

Seaman Apprentice

55 deg, 23 mph NNW wind with gusts to 35. Seemed like too much work.