whole hull covered with spider cracks

md-lucky

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: whole hull covered with spider cracks

Wow.

Just... Wow.

You should probably check the nickle ads for some old lady selling "an old dodge car, $5000." You'll probably stumble across an original hemi 'cuda with luck like that.

Hopefully she floats/runs well!!

waynehol

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Nice. Being in real estate for as long as I have, every once in a while you come across a deal that seems too good to be true but end the end it can really just be a good deal.

Keep us posted. Sounds like you got a great deal.

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Very nice!!!
hope it works out, finger's crossed. :)

stubbsboogie

Chief Petty Officer

NIce job Scutly!!

Crank some Jerry and roll on. Congratulations

TMoNeE

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Cool, look forward to an update

scutly

Petty Officer 1st Class

update! i spent yesterday on fire island with the family, what a day! this mornin i paid the $1900 marina bill ($1700 + tax and 2 new batteries) and took hold of the (clean) title and all the electronics. she will be bottom painted, summerized and launched, ready to pick up tuesday mornin. if she dont blow up or sink runnin out the canal and home, i give the owner $1300 tuesday evening. and that my folks is that. no catch, no leans, no problems. my heads still spinnin. here is a link to some pics. DONZI besides a bath and a new bimini top she ready to rock! :D

heres some pics from yesterday

100_1410.jpg

100_1397-Copy.jpg

100_1418.jpg

100_1412.jpg

NelsonQ

Lieutenant

Looks like an amazing find Scutly...hope it all works out.

looking forward to the pics when you get her splashed and running...

scutly

Petty Officer 1st Class

2nd update. took a shakedown cruise yesterday mornin and tied her up behind a friends house close to the marina. she fired right up and idled smooth. looked down and saw that the PO topped off the 100 gal fuel tank before he winterized. so she came with like $400 in fuel. :eek: idled down the canal for about 10 minutes. low speed handling was a LOT better than i expected. im assuming the stainless duo-prop is what helped with that. hit the throttle in open water and she launched out the hole and planed instantly. got her cruising 27MPH at 3100 RPM and held her there while my buddy crawled around lookin for trouble. i went WOT briefly and hit 46 MPH on the GPS! spent another hour cruisin around and backed into some empty slips. again, a LOT easier than expected. now my buddy who has a 94 sundancer 270 is got this weird look on his face. im like uh oh.....whats up? he says hes pissed cause my boat craps all over his boat performance wise because he doesnt have the bravo 3 duo-prop. :D so far so good! little expected issues like the trim gauge and speedo dont work and a few of the rubberized switch covers on the top of the helm have become "gummy" after years of exposure i guess. battery switch is a PITA cause its under an engine hatch. i can move that. but while cruisin around i flipped the fridge switch and the compressor kicked on and when i checked later my bottle of water was cold. today im yanking my old boat from my slip. tomorrow i go to DMV and friday she comes home! i will then have the whole weekend to clean her and go over everything. man oh man i really think i scored huge. we'll see!

TMoNeE

Petty Officer 2nd Class

HUGE SCORE scutly, congrats man... i love when people come across great deals like this... i keep waiting for the gloom update where it wants to sink when you get it out but it just keeps getting better and better!

congrats again!

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

What an absolutely unbelievable deal. Congrats and good luck with it.

H20Rat

Vice Admiral

You must have at least a little bit of guilt with the entire thing. You STOLE that boat! I think for karma's sake you should sell it to me for the price you bought it for, and your guilty conscious will go away! :D

25thmustang

Lieutenant Commander

I may not be the first to do so, but let me congratulate you now. That is a serious deal. Those Donzi's fetch good money, and look like really nice boats.

The fact that it appears to be really clean, and sounds like it runs top notch is impressive to say the least. I see countless boats all over for triple that price tag, with tons of small and sometimes larger issues.

Are you selling the 23' now?

scutly

Petty Officer 1st Class

i dont feel any guilt because i told the POs bro in law that i work with to craiglist it back in may when i first heard about it. i thought it was a speed boat at first. im passing along my good fortune and sellin my 23' to a close friend for a real sweet price and lettin him pay it off. the look on his 10 yr old sons face when we told him that "Tanqueray" was now his was priceless! :D

25thmustang

Lieutenant Commander

Sounds like a win win for all parties...

I can only imagine the little guys look. I remember being that age and being with my father when we purchased a boat. Oh the memories.

180Fisherman

Petty Officer 1st Class

Congrats. You have bigger balz than I do. The price alone would have had me walking away. I'm too skeptical I guess.

NelsonQ

Lieutenant

im passing along my good fortune and sellin my 23' to a close friend for a real sweet price and lettin him pay it off. the look on his 10 yr old sons face when we told him that "Tanqueray" was now his was priceless! :D

Great stuff.... I just sold mine for less than value to a good friend for the exact reason....he's a good friend....pay it forward sometimes.

Glad to see your fortunes have reached beyond just yourself.