Who says you can't boat all year?

slasmith1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I don't get stir crazy to go boating it the winter i just go boating here are some pics.
The ride to the boat.
020.jpg

little bit of snow on the boat.
025.jpg

028.jpg

Finally made it on the boat.
029.jpg

Skipper jr. saying shovel snow dad so we can go for a ride!:D
035.jpg

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: Needed snow shoes but made it to the boat!!

well your first mate looks all tosty warm......

but tarp that puppy man !.....do your best to keep the elements off it !

thats one beauteful boat......but you gotta keep the enviroment off 'er

p.s. im not very far away.....if you need help tarping it.....i can help after you show me how good it cruise's

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral

but tarp that puppy man !.....do your best to keep the elements off it !

Tarp? Elements?
That's just a little morning frost here in the Ottawa Valley...:)

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral
Re: Who says you can't boat all year?

All i can say is BBRRRRRRRR!!!!!!! Gives me chills just looking at it!!:eek:

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Sure, you can go boating all year. We went fishing yesterday and almost had to put on a sweater. Next week we're headed down the bay to stay for 3 days for our 29th annual after-Christmas fishing trip.

slasmith1

Lieutenant Junior Grade

No tarps for me it would interfere with my almost daily boat trips. besides if you keep the heaters going its toasty.

a70eliminator

Captain

Someone just recently created a post looking to see some cool wintertime photos. Yours would make an excelent exhibit. I like that picture with the little Angle by the heater, it looks like the extention cord is throwing sparks!

mphy98

Lieutenant

you think thats snow? come on up here we'll show you some snow!! you can have all you want!!!!!!!!:D glad to see the coolness we sent down south is getting there, just wonder where the warmth is in return :D

D

DJ

HARD CORE

A REAL boater. Damn the snow.

My "hat's off".

catfishcharlie

Seaman Apprentice

Of course down here in the Trinity Bay it never gets so bad you cant go out. Except for very windy days and the fog can hamper you gettin around.
I have never boated somewhere like that but if you are raised around it I suppose you get used to it. Nice picture and hang on to that baby. Seems like only yesterday my daughter looked like that and now she is 28 years old... merry Christmas to all! Charlie

642mx

Lieutenant Commander

I feel your pain. The other day, I grabbed a refreshing beverage and climbed into my boat and turned on the radio and enjoyed my beverage. Too bad the boats in my garage and its 20 degree's. :D

kandil

Chief Petty Officer

Nice boat. You should cover it FG by it self is not water proof it has very Small holes that trap water and it would freeze in it what makes it water proof is the Gelcoat and if you have a scratch in it or a Small crack before you know you will get spider cracks and damage your boat.
BTW did you actually take the boat out out?

slasmith1

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Nice boat. You should cover it FG by it self is not water proof it has very Small holes that trap water and it would freeze in it what makes it water proof is the Gelcoat and if you have a scratch in it or a Small crack before you know you will get spider cracks and damage your boat.
BTW did you actually take the boat out out?

yes we take the boat out several time a week all year round. that snow was just from 1 night i clean it off every day it falls.

Boatist

Rear Admiral

How do you keep the blocks and manifolds from freezing up?

slasmith1

Lieutenant Junior Grade

How do you keep the blocks and manifolds from freezing up?

same way they do it in alaska it's sitting in salt water has engine room heater and keep cabin heat set to 58 deg F with dehumidifiers.

captquest

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Darn, I'm just green with envy. All this bragging about how much snow you're getting, and I don't get any down here. I must really be missing out. BTW, that's a nice boat you have there. I had a chance to stay at my friend's beach house two weekends ago and actually got to spend the night in his big boat. I can share those pics with ya ...see no snow, darnit!

http://picasaweb.google.com/RickQuez/EllisSBoat?authkey=ugeW3y2Do_8#