who lives in thier home town????

Throbbin Rods

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: who lives in thier home town????

Live in same town I was born in. Spent 47 of my 50 years here, one year at Lake Sunapee when I got married, one year in Enfield and one year in Grantham when the inlaws got divorced

jimr

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Nope was born and raised in Oswego NY moved to Myrtle Beach SC for a summer and went back home to help mom and dad after dad had a stroke. Met my wife and moved with her family to Boise Id (dad was Army) spent a year there and we all hated it. Moved back to NY for about 9 months and it wasn't the same and did I mention I hate SNOW. her dad and mom retired from milatary here in Cushing OK and we soon joined them. The only things i miss about NY now are my family,Rudy's Hoffmann hotdogs and the Oswego Sub Shop. Heck I just found out i can get labbatts blue and Gennessee Beer out here in the liquor store so I don't have to miss everything,I can buy the hotdogs online along with Rudy's hotsauce.

JasonB

Lieutenant

I wish. Made a trip home today. unfortunately, I woul dbe unable to find work in my profession back home. Someday I want to move back and retire there though. Fortunately I only live 75 min away.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Link:<br /> However pulling a boat I have to drive 2 hours south to Boomyals place then back track north NE 30 miles up into the mountains. <br />Brother and family still lives there.<br />I would like to retire there
I thought LA to Vancouver was a move to hicksville, Link but Houston/Lakewood to Cougar?<br />Whew! I know, you like all those cute Apistolic Lutheran girls. :D

Link

Rear Admiral

Boomyal <br />
I thought LA to Vancouver was a move to hicksville, Link but Houston/Lakewood to Cougar?<br />Whew! I know, you like all those cute Apistolic Lutheran girls.
ROFLOL<br />For a couple reasons<br />A:Your remark and <br />B:It really was a move up in life!<br />Don't want to hijack SW great thread here so maybe I'll make a seperate post to tell ya..then maybe not! :D

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by efhenry:<br /> Canton, Mississippi 39046<br /><br />I was born here, I live here, will probably die here and they'll bury me here.<br /><br />Man, sound like a song is in there somewhere.
A country song at that...<br /><br />I actually was born and raised in a small town in Georgia, near Stone Mountain (just so I coul dbe close to my Mama)...but I now live several thousands of miles from there.<br /><br />Last time I went back, in January this year, the area was unrecognizable from what I had known...both diverstiy-wise and geographical. I had no problem getting around, but I never seen one person who I knew from my youth.

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by ebb:<br /> nope, i moved from hometown in extreme N GA to extreme S GA, and now live about center of the top third. i don't plan on moving again.
Ebb, where in Ga you at? I grew up near Atlanta, closer to Stone Mountai, right smack dab in the midle of Lithonia...DeKalb County!!! Conyers, Decatur, Avondale, Panthersville, College Park, and on and on I could go...I used to go to Griffin and get socks and underwear at the factory outlet there...I alo have spent time in Valdosta, etc...and had a brother living in Athens...same brother killed in Augusta...I been around a bit down there...

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by ButchA:<br /> NYMinute... You said Buffalo? :D My wife is from Buffalo (West Seneca)! I was stationed there in the USCG back in 83-87.<br /><br />Anyway... My hometown: Poughkeepsie, NY (family also had summer cottage on a small lake in the Adirondack Mts of NY, in a tiny town near St. Regis Falls, NY).<br /><br />Butch A.
My BIL retired from the USCG a few years ago. Spent time in Glen Burnie, Duluth, and Buffalo. He is with the Transportation Dept. now in DC.