Who has the MOST "Stuff" in the Garage Contest Post your PICS Show off your junkpiles

Who has the MOST "Stuff" in the Garage Contest Post your PICS Show off your junkpiles

• Vegasphotoman

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Rickairmedic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D.spencer

Votes: 21 70.0%
  • Suzuki Chopper

• 45auto

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • CheapboatKev

• HvacCruiser

• TriumphRick

• Nitsuj

• Scoutabout

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

circuit19

Cadet
Re: Who has the MOST "Stuff" in the Garage Contest Post your PICS Show off your junkp

Re: Who has the MOST "Stuff" in the Garage Contest Post your PICS Show off your junkp

I think this thread was started by my x-wife to see if i'd be dumb enough to try to open one of the garages or sheds so something could fall on me and end my time on this earth. I ain't gonna open nuthin cuz it's gotta be a set up

oceansbreeze

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well, after looking at all these I hate to tell you, but my dad's garage would win. I've never taken photos of it, but my mom's basement is cleaner than the garage. I'll dig those photos out tonight. Mom would yell at me when I'd come visit and try to sneak downstairs with a camera... Imagine if you will a tiny 8" wide trail from that begins after you step over some clutter at the bottom step, that continues to the other side of the basement. 2 rooms are in accessible. Soemwhere under the clutter that is piled to within 6" of the celing, there's a full bar, stools, a 6 piece living room set and coffee table.... and I'm 36 now, I haven't seen that basement "tidy" sicne I was about 8. (I was 3 when my parents built the house)

The garage, has 2 modified for boat Jeep V8 engines (somewhere) I have not seen since I was 20. A large antique church organ, with the big blower motor to power it. A few thousand LP's dad has been picking up at auctions to convert to mp3 one of these days... bicycles, ... you know what I can't recall much else from the last visit, but I could only walk in about 4 feet from the door. The garagae is about 24x20'. The pile is about 5 feet high.... When the roof fell in 5 years ago, dad just pulled off the roof, and built a new one... lol - you wouldn't belive it without seeing it.

I'm glad I didn't inherit such severe packrat tendencies... (just mild to moderatE)

Knightgang

Lieutenant

To each there own i guess...

The RC planes are cool, but I do not have time for more than one hobby. Can't even find time or money for that one now...

Plus, we can boat year around here, so there really is no down time from it do do something else...

Bronc Rider

Petty Officer 1st Class

Like an idiot I always believe my wife when she says the garage is a mess, and I throw away my stuff. I wish I had half the stuff some of you do. My wife is a neat freak.

I think suzukichopper is easily the most hardcore. Any awards for that?
I agree with the poster that said suzukichopper's girlfriend is a keeper. I would throw some plywood on those tires and have a nice dinner for her. Go ahead and pour some two stroke oil in some cans and light them up to make it really romantic. j/k :)

SuzukiChopper

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I think suzukichopper is easily the most hardcore. Any awards for that?
I agree with the poster that said suzukichopper's girlfriend is a keeper. I would throw some plywood on those tires and have a nice dinner for her. Go ahead and pour some two stroke oil in some cans and light them up to make it really romantic. j/k :)

Don't think I haven't thought about it lol... our kitchen table is too cluttered!

She's such a keeper (and annoyed with all the stuff I have) that she purchased a house that has a nice tiny garage and a basement for storage. Still wished I had the place I sold because that garage was massive, and wished I could have been put on the mortgage for a more expensive house with a better garage, but alas unemployment and now after a year of investigation a pending charge against me has held me back (anyone curious about the last thing can PM me).

Moving time again!! YAY!!!

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Good call. Most people can get it narrowed down to the 67-69 era but you got it to the year. It was my dad's first car and he bought it new in 1969. It was just a base model but I put a built 350 and muncie 4 speed in it a while back when the original OHC straight 6 seized up.

Nice..guess that bird is a keeper!
Mine was unrestored....always wanted a muscle car..get one and didnt work on it! lack of fundage and time was the main culprit..plus it was kindve a basket case NY car...rust rust...needed alot of work...sold it for 7k in 30 minutes on CL couple months ago...I was amazed they paid cash for it....it was orig a 6 cyl too...someone put a BB 400 in it around 1972...orig int wasnt even ripped ....crazy how good that old upholstry held up!

Vegas, perhaps it would be a shorter list of hobbies that you AREN'T into :)

lol yeah EZ I guess that would be shorter...but LESS FUN!!

I literally "dig" gold panning/sluicing/dredging...metal detecting too....
found a 40 penny weight gold nugget up in northern california few years back at Rich Bar....nice nugget! prob only worth $125 or $150
going into old ghost towns is fun too...lot of em out west here...and in Colorado etc....

Hey Ive got some nice Bauer roller blades and Ice skates...thats always fun getting a bit of exercise a couple times a year! Played hockey alot in michigan..not too much out west here..thought about getting into pickup hockey games,.....

I have taken a break from Snowboarding since I ripped my shoulder muscle catching an edge in Utah..now I have a lumpy shoulder muscle!
...Skiing hasnt been done in a few years....but used to alot....

Attachments

• 68-FireBird-009.jpg
    68-FireBird-009.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 68-FireBird-014.jpg
    68-FireBird-014.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 0

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

PS we CLEANED OUR GARAGE!!!!!!!!!! now we can walk thru and collect more junk YEAH YEAH!

Vegas

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral

He-he. Amateurs...

This is an old picture - some of the boats are gone but others have taken their place. Same for the motors...

Attachments

• MotWall.jpg
    MotWall.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 0

Huron Angler

Admiral

He-he. Amateurs...

This is an old picture - some of the boats are gone but others have taken their place. Same for the motors...

I gotta say...if I could change my vote I would strike it from the record and vote for the "garage of all that is 2-strokes" LOL what a beautiful sight Chinewalker...simply gorgeous:D

How many per year get wet?

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Chinewalker, I want an UPDATED pic of the beauty that is your garage.

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral

If I can get some good light, I'll see if I can get a current pic. Last couple pics I've taken were real dark - hard to take good pics indoors of a huge poorly lit space...

fire7882

Petty Officer 2nd Class

If I can get some good light, I'll see if I can get a current pic. Last couple pics I've taken were real dark - hard to take good pics indoors of a huge poorly lit space...

As silly as it sounds, try turning the flash off. Most cameras should adjust automatically and decrease the shutter speed, allowing more available light into the sensor. The built in flash only illuminates items close up and makes things in the distance look real dark.

D.spencer

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm still pretty.....(Muhamond Ali) :D

TahoeQ4Pilot

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm still pretty.....(Muhamond Ali) :D

Muhamond Ali <> Muhammad Ali = Cassius Clay

Meanwhile, this poll is winding down. I suggest the winner get an all expense paid visit from Merry Maids. :)

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Chinewalker....youre a lucky man to have soooooo many cool outboards!

Nice thanks for sharing...now I know who to ask on old outboard repairs! lol

would it be crazy to ask, ...since you have so many... what the average price you think you paid for each old motors in a collection as large as yours?

thanks!

:p and DSpencer...Im working on a creative trophy for ya..:p..you won YEA!!!!!!!!!!!:D

congrats! now if anyone lives close to Dspencer.. he needs a hand cleaning...can you lend him / offer a hand!:eek:

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

I had just cleaned up my garage before this thread started. Not really boat stuff though, or really projects. Just my tools everywhere and kids stuff (bikes, skateboards, Fooseball table, etc) all over the place... No chance of my winning, or even an honorable mention at the moment.

I do wonder one thing, for all of the boaters and fisherman here, how do you have time for other hobbies like the airplanes...

I can understand the car projects, etc. But the planes kinda astounds me...

some are retired, other self employed, other UN employed lol
or they are just nut slike me...I have 300 hobbies...I only do 1 at a time though...cept when Im boating/fishing/swimming/beer drinking that counts as 4!!

Knightgang

Lieutenant

some are retired, other self employed, other UN employed lol
or they are just nut slike me...I have 300 hobbies...I only do 1 at a time though...cept when Im boating/fishing/swimming/beer drinking that counts as 4!!

I am self employed as well, and and when I was making money, had no time for hobbies, except the occasional camping trip with the family. Now, no money for hobbies and still do not have time for anything but some family time....

I guess it is a different story when the whole family gets involved...

timmyjoebob

Seaman

If it's going to be a contest, I think size of garage should be taken into consideration. Most of you guys seem to spread your mess out over a 2 stall garage. I have all my crap in one stall! This pic was taken afew weeks ago. There's 2 more bikes in there now. Plus bikes in the basement. I'd submit basement pics, but I'm too disgusted to even go down there at the moment.
IMG_0422.jpg

Four motorcycles in a one-CAR garage... that's my kind of garage.

Tim
(2005 Honda VTX 1300R owner)

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral

Here it is - THE WALL, c. 2009!

Attachments

• TheWall_2009_1991.jpg
    TheWall_2009_1991.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 0

SuzukiChopper

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Well, for everyone that has their stuff in a permanent place, I'm now jealous. Today is moving day so I get to lug all my carp to a new place. A wee bit bigger and it has a single car garage so I guess the ol' lady won't get to complain about living in a garage now lol