Which Tracker ?

lsucole

Cadet
I am about to decide between the Pro Crappie and the Panfish. Will be marsh fishing in the fall/winter for specks and redfish and then freshwater lakes/rivers
in the spring. Any advise or suggestions from owners of these two models would
be appreciated. Also, would a 40 4stroke be enough for the Pro Crappie?

MudSkunk

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Which Tracker ?

i have a pro guide v16 and its got a 50hp. its bigger heavier boat than either of the ones your looking at and 50 is plenty of juice to get mine up to 28mph pretty easily. it has no issues at all getting up on plane quickly. mine also goes into very very shallow water but is a pain to drive around as the motor sits well under the boat keel. the v16 floats in shallower water than i can get my troller or main motor to operate in.

i would think the panfish or crappie would have no issues other than keeping the prop in the water as you move into super shallow water.

i know my boat isnt exactly the same as what your looking at but hte two you are considering are both lighter and shallower draft than mine. i hope that helps in some respect.

dwhite1031

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Which Tracker ?

The Pro Crappie has a lot more features for the money than the panfish does in my opinion. I bought the Pro 16 (bass boat, not the deep V) and really wish now I had gotten the Pro Crappie. Also, check out the Lowe boats. They have some multi-species with excellent features in the same ballpark as the Tracker panfish and pro crappie. When we trade up, we'll be looking at their lines as well as Tracker's.