Which plywood, epoxy, fiberglass to use

Hi i have a 1988 19' bayliner that i just bought. unfortunatly half the floor needs to be replaced. i have already removed all the old rotton plywood. now its time to replace it. im not sure where to go from here and i dont have the money for marine plywood. The guy at the lumber yard said regular ply would be fine as long as i put epoxy and fiber glass over it. can someone instruct me on what materials i am going to need no buy? there is a 4x3 space behind the driver seat+passanger and then the whole center between the seats almost up to the bow that is 3 feet wide needs to be replaced...so guys what should i do!!?? thanks alot all info will help!

boatflipper

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Which plywood, epoxy, fiberglass to use

Forgive me but I just copy and pasted what I just got through writing on
another post:
EVRYTHING you need to know about common deck/stringer/transom replacement is covered here and better yet it has all been documented with pictures and endless detail in some posts. I would encourage you to read drewpsters thread 'my tri-hull transom replacement with pics': http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=287390 and also read archbuilder's thread '16 nescher ski boat complete restore': http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=364284
These are only two of the many posts on here that will provide you with all the info you need to know.
Good luck!
boatflipper

Last edited:

andgott

Master Chief Petty Officer

Yup- read up on some old posts- EVERYTHING has been covered in exhausting detail here in the past, including tons of photos. After that, it you've got specific questions, ask- there are plenty of people that are willing to help!

drewpster

Commander

I am honored that someone referenced my tri-hull thread. The project is still ongoing and I will have more to add soon. It seems the link that my buddy boatflipper provided no longer works so try the link in my signature if you want to take a look. Everything I have learned about doing glass work comes from this forum as well as some reference books I have picked up along the way. There are also Restorers and glassmen here that are far more experienced than I am. We are all willing to help. Keep us posted!

enjoy
drewp