Which oil extractor to buy?

Subliminal

Chief Petty Officer
Hey folks,

So winterization for the first time is coming up quick. My boat just had its first season and I plan to change the filters, oil, gear lube, drain the block and antifreeze it and fog the carb.

I need to get an oil extraction pump, and my engine (a 08 Volvo 4.3SX) has the 'garden hose connection' on the top of the dipstick, so i need an oil pump that pulls from the top of the dipstick.

Was wondering if anyone had any advice or could tell me a good, reliable (but not costly) oil pump to purchase for the oil changes (now and in the future)?

Thanks!

damon

kewlkatdady

Petty Officer 2nd Class

jaxnjil

Lieutenant
Re: Which oil extractor to buy?

i have been using the quick silver hand pump from mercruiser for 4 years now. it works for me and cost $13 when i bought it.

that said; a dock mate bought a white canister looking deal last spring. i has a handle like a old bike air pump, but when you pump it it draws a vacuum. it was 24" or so tall and 6" to 8" around.
it worked well, and had enough capacity to draw the oil from both his 460's in one shot. the nice thing was not having to have another bucket to hold the hose in as you pumped like i do with the hand pump. less mess all around.
his was around $100 and i plan on getting one like it one day