Where would I find this tool

BarryT

Seaman Apprentice
Thread starter
Joined
Dec 29, 2008
Messages
44
Clutch plate alignment tool (C-91-57795) Haven't found it anywhere. I might need it when I put a new motor in.


-barry
 

WizeOne

Commander
Joined
Mar 23, 2008
Messages
2,097
Re: Where would I find this tool

Clutch plate alignment tool (C-91-57795) Haven't found it anywhere. I might need it when I put a new motor in.


-barry

There is no clutch plate to align in your engine/outdrive???
 

BarryT

Seaman Apprentice
Thread starter
Joined
Dec 29, 2008
Messages
44
Re: Where would I find this tool

I have a mercruiser 215E drive. My manual says it does. My father inlaw says its an electronic shift and from my last thread about my belt driven raw water pump I identified my drive as a 215E. Witch has a clutch. Unless I am wrong about the drive model. I have a 215hp Mercruiser. It has a belt driven raw water pump mounted on the engine. The drive itself does not have a water pump in it. I think that makes it a 215e. Also my drive says 215 on the side.

-barry
 

Bondo

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Apr 17, 2002
Messages
71,535
Re: Where would I find this tool

Ayuh,....

Wizeone,... Barry has the 215E,... A true Classic that was only built for a couple of years, in limited #s....

This is Not your usual 302/ Mod.1 drive...

Barry,... Have you even found a Picture of these Special Tools....

My Guess is,..
You're going to have to Build your own Tools,+ probably some Parts if you wanta keep running this thng....
 

BarryT

Seaman Apprentice
Thread starter
Joined
Dec 29, 2008
Messages
44
Re: Where would I find this tool

Thats what I have heard. Well the clutch plate alignment tool looks just like the ones you would use on a car when doing a clutch change on a manual transmission. Maybe I properly taperd wooden dowel will work. Hopefully I dont need it. The manual says I will need it if the electronic shift is engaged witht he drive off. That should not happen. I have done some searching and I can find bearings but no seals and no major parts. I guess if the drive has a critical failure then I would have to replace it with one that bolts up to my 302 motor.


-barry
 

WizeOne

Commander
Joined
Mar 23, 2008
Messages
2,097
Re: Where would I find this tool

Ayuh,....

Wizeone,... Barry has the 215E,... A true Classic that was only built for a couple of years, in limited #s....

.

Shame on me for jumping to conclusions!:redface:
 

krisnowicki

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Joined
Jul 11, 2007
Messages
1,172
Re: Where would I find this tool

do you have any pictures of your setup? It would be nice to see this mystery drive...
 

BarryT

Seaman Apprentice
Thread starter
Joined
Dec 29, 2008
Messages
44
Re: Where would I find this tool

I will be off of work tomorrow and will take pics if I can get through the snow


-barry
 

slasmith1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Joined
Dec 2, 2008
Messages
1,028
Re: Where would I find this tool

I would look in don's tool box.
 

starsnstripers

Lieutenant
Joined
Nov 30, 2007
Messages
1,330
Re: Where would I find this tool

WOW, Thats quite the set up. I was just looking at it in My manual. It doesnt show the end of the shaft, it only shows the shaft and plate inserted. Maybe could use a fabricated shaft with pilot and spline mesurements. I'd try it. good luck.
 
Top