Where to pass the fuel filling hose and vent fuel hose?

76SeaRay

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Yes, I foamed under the floor. No, I wasn't worried about the foam cracking the ABS pipe. I filled through 1 1/2 inch holes so any over expansion could escape anyway. ABS pipe is pretty strong. I have a galley and the water tank is on the port side but the sink is on the starboard side plus there are wires for the water tank pump. I ran those in ABS as well back to the fuel tank area on the port side, across the top of the fuel tank and inside additional ABS pipe run next to the pipe for the fuel and vent lines. I found it almost impossible to run the vent line and the fuel line in the same pipe, however, I also had two bends in my lines like an "S" curve.

So, I have one pipe on the port side for the water line, water pump wires, and miscellaneous wires. I have three pipes on the starboard side; one for the fuel line, one for the fuel vent line and tank ground line to the fill port, and one for the water line and wires from the port side.

Last edited:

76SeaRay

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Here is a picture of my starboard side piping. The long pipe on the left is for the vent line and fill port ground line. The larger long pipe in the center is for the fuel fill hose. The short one on the right is for the galley water line, water pump wires, and miscellaneous wires that need to run to the port side. The large pipe required cutting the stringer at the point where it turns up in the front, however, this stringer never existed in the original build. I added it when I replaced all the stringers so is actually stronger than the original design. It is also at the same location that the hose came up through the floor in the original design. So the only impact to the original stringer design is running the two extra pipes on the starboard side through the stringer as the "dryer" hose ran through the stringers at the same point as the pipe. The fuel tank fit test picture shows the fill and vent necks pointed to where the pipes are run through the stringer. By the way, I used long sweep pipe fittings to make it easier to pull hoses and wires.

Starboard Side Piping.jpg

Boat Gas Tank Test Fit.jpg

s_explore

Seaman Apprentice
Thank you very much sir, I will do the same as you. Shorter hose, no dip in hose and accessible for further maintenance.

s_explore

Seaman Apprentice
Sir @76SeaRay,

What ABS tube size did you used? Look like I am going to need a 3" hole since 2.5" abs tube dosen't exist. 3" seems a little big

76SeaRay

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I will measure them this morning and post back. I basically tested sizes to make sure I could pull them through to find the best size. I sized the hole saw to the end diameter of the fittings so they fit tight in the large center stringer.