Where do you stow your tube

a70eliminator

Captain
Looking for a solution to stowing my tube when not in use, it's way too heavy for the bimini top, too big to pull in, afraid of theft to leave it on anchor, I have to inflate and deflate it everytime and I end up with a big dripping wet bunched up mess of vinyl in the boat. I want to strap it to my swim deck with some bungee cords that wont rust and corrode over time are there such quality bungees available? Has anyone used one of them suction cup tube tie down apparatuses and what quality are they, are the suction cups realiable?

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Where do you stow your tube

i use nylon web straps, they are adjustable. I tie them off the cleats to the handles on the tube. Sometimes, we have to have a secondary strap going towards the bow, we just tie it temporarily to a cooler or somethin when we are cruising. Its a good way to let it dry out, all the water drains off and everything usually.

45Auto

Commander

What kind of tube are you using? I carry my 100" diameter tube on the bimini all of the time.

a70eliminator

Captain

45a I do remember you posting that once before, I really don't have a full bimini it's just the convertible top that snaps to the windshield, i do use it alot though, my tube is a Warbird II Chariot two person and it takes two people to carry the drn thing too I'm quessing an awkward 50lbs. I like the nylon webbing idea I'm hunting around the garage for something to improvise.

Tabes117

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I pull it up onto swim platform and tie the tow rope onto an interior handle. I had the three person tube tied up the other weekend. We stopped at a marina for lunch. They had one transient slip open with a 52' Marquis parked perpendicular right across from the slip. I think its listed for 1.75 mill. It was tight and I had to spin my boat around to get in because of that three person tube. That salesmen was watching me like a hawk!

My wife had to state the obvious,"Be careful"! I am like "NO SH.T".

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

I strap it to the bow deck till it dries off then deflate flat with the pump and stow it under the bow. If we tube again during the trip then I inflate it again from the 12 volt outlet.

boostnm3

Seaman Apprentice

i strap it to the back above the swim platform or use these straps they sell at overtons, to strap it to the engine cover. both work great

jkust

Rear Admiral

I deflate mine and trip over it the rest of the day.

Billdc

Petty Officer 1st Class

My one person ( less than 4 ft wide )fits very nicely between the seats. the two person "Slice" gets deflated and stowed with the skis. I have to take it out and dry it in the garage. So far I haven't left home without it.

bayliner12

Petty Officer 2nd Class

i have 2 thyat i strap on the engine cover above the rear seat...its an inboard, i use 2nratchet tie downs and 2 bungess 1 for each tube always works great

Tubingluvr

Chief Petty Officer

I just shorten up the tow rope and tie it off to a rear cleat.
I keep the rope as short as possible so most of the tube is riding on the boat and just the very rear of the tube is in the water.