Where do you get your news at?

f_inscreenname

Commander
I have to admit I am partial to FOX new channel and CNBC (market junky). Who do you all watch?

spratt

Lieutenant
Re: Where do you get your news at?

I like to check them all out and get the various views...Fox, Google News, CNN (Constantly Negative News), the ajc.com (being from Ga I like to keep tabs on the area...), thesunlink.com (my local newspaper, even tho it is a liberal rag), and many other news sites...

NYMINUTE

Captain

CNN (Headline News) It is not the News I like, its Rudi Baktiar, Erica Hill.....You get the picture! :D

KaGee

Admiral

Various I-Net sources. TV...Fox News Channel. Talk about anchorbabes long on looks.... not a bad one in the bunch... Ooopppps.... did I say that?? :eek: <br /><br />Seriously... I can't stomach any of the three networks, at one time CNN was tolerable... they have continually gone down hill going back to Gulf War One.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

CBS radio news (i know, but it's all there is at werk).<br />FOX news at home.<br />Local NBC affiliate @6PM.

D

DJ

Fox. Local Radio.<br /><br />Never, the local rag.

eeboater

Commander

<br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /><br /><br />EDIT:<br /><br />Oh yeah, I can't forget this guy!!!<br /><br />

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

mostly am radio. Milwaukee news paper. Some tv...some net.

youngboater

Petty Officer 1st Class

I tend to like Fox News the best but I watch them all.

tcube

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks jtexas - I was concerned about fessing up to listening to NPR (Morning Edition & All Things Consiidered). I also watch Newshour with Jim Lehrer on PBS. They may be perceived to be more "liberal" than others but at least they aren't influenced by mega million $ advertisers.

Homerr

Commander

Other than a brief listen to my local news station on the way to work....<br /><br /><br />MICHAEL SAVAGE!!!<br /><br /><br />
savagebythebaysitelogo.jpg
<br /><br /><br />H.

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

CNBC, FOX, Oreilly, and damn right Michael Savage (who runs 42' Grand Banks)

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by DJ:<br /> Fox. Local Radio.<br /><br />Never, the local rag.
LOL! I allmost forgot to mention the local liberal fish-wrapper, the "Ft Myers Newspress"!<br />Being the first to arive at werk, I have to open the gate, pick it up carefully by the plastic<br /> wrapper (don't want to touch it), and carry it into the breakroom. I toss it on the hood <br />and park in the lot....I wont even put it inside my car!

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by tcube:<br /> Thanks jtexas - I was concerned about fessing up to listening to NPR (Morning Edition & All Things Consiidered). I also watch Newshour with Jim Lehrer on PBS. They may be perceived to be more "liberal" than others but at least they aren't influenced by mega million $ advertisers.
That's the perception all right but it's not deserved (unless by "others" you mean Rush Limbaugh & similar, though they're not really "news"), except maybe Lehrer. <br /><br />Even when they take a liberal slant, at least they report thoroughly & in depth, not just sound bites.<br /><br />And I have a lot of respect for Lehrer even when he goes for Condie's jugular.

spratt

Lieutenant

I have three ways I get my news...telegraph, telephone, and telewoman...works first time, every time.

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by tcube:<br /> Thanks jtexas - I was concerned about fessing up to listening to NPR (Morning Edition & All Things Consiidered). I also watch Newshour with Jim Lehrer on PBS. They may be perceived to be more "liberal" than others but at least they aren't influenced by mega million $ advertisers.
Umm, confession time...mthe first FM button on my radio is NPR...88.5!! Besides, I LOVE the smooth jazz, the Blues, and Big Band stuff they play around here...and the news ain't half bad either, some of it. I really like their inteviews held by some really unknown folks...<br /><br /> http://npr.org

rolmops

Vice Admiral

I listen to NPR and BBC.I read the New York Times and the Guardian.It is really enlightening to read news from across the pond, because it addresses stuff that never makes it to the <br />American papers.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

NPR because I'm on the road when the news is on. Any network news program otherwise. EXCEPT FOX!!! (Do they qualify as a "network"?) That's the most blatantly biased news organization out there "Claiming" to be unbiased!<br /><br />Oh yeah. I listen to Rush every day. Not as a news source. He just makes me laugh. Not at his witicisms. At his daily spew of IGNORANCE! If you were to look the word "clown" up in the dictionary, you'd see a picture of Rush. :p