Where did the cosmos come from?

magster65

Commander
So if the big bang is the the moment of creation... the incredible expansion from a singularity... when was the singularity created? <br />That'd be before the beginning of time wouldn't it?<br />What about if the expansion of the universe is speeding up as suggested in the current repulsion theory, then there must be objects speeding away from us at faster than the speed of light. Is this some of the 'missing' matter physisists are looking for?<br />Someone here at iboats knows, and is keeping this info a secret... let's have it... and anything else relavent :)

alden135

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Where did the cosmos come from?

Are you on dope?<br /><br /> :)

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Now try to figure out why this is happening? ood luck. :D <br /><br />Ken

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

"when was the singularity created? <br />That'd be before the beginning of time wouldn't it?"<br /><br />My take on this is that the singularity came before time, this would be going into the 11th dimension theory.(mathematicaly proven)<br /><br />What if one looks at the universe as one of many many bubbles, and blackholes connect the many bubbles or universes to each other?<br />where else would matter go after it is sucked into the vortex of a blackhole?<br /><br />In the world of physics all is relative :)

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Someone here at iboats knows, and is keeping this info a secret... let's have it... and anything else relavent <br /><br />
Hmmmm..... yup and that person probably will not tell!

ZodFutMk2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Besides if they tell ya, they have to kill ya. :)

KaGee

Admiral

Lips are sealed! ;) <br /><br />But... if it's the "Milky Way".... where's all the dang milk?

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

magster65, It is not a secret, it is there for all to know, to some it will always be outside of their realm of existence, and not so for others :)

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I had to change my sig back to the other one.<br />God made the firecracker and lit it's fuse. The singularity was made of matter that had no way of making itself.<br />This is my belief.<br /><br />For any fills, read the book of Genesis. I know it has been rewritten many times, and translated millions of times. But read it, and draw your own conclusions.<br /><br />It sure beats self-creating matter theory.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Not bad, it only took 8 posts before the G bomb was dropped. My only question would be, if God lit the fuse (and I am willing to concede that that IS possible), then where did the Big Guy come from? Where did whatever created God come from? It can go on and on and on if a person really wants it to. Talk about chicken vs egg. I guess I will just take my little 80something odd years and be happy I got that much, and be glad I won't be around when the universe runs out of steam (our own sun will have gone supernova long before that)...<br /><br />I'll admit that I have had problems with the self creating matter theory, it sure seems like something/someone should have started the whole mess, but we are approaching it from the limitted understanding that humans are hobbled with. I wouldn't be surprised if the answer is exactly what no one expects it to be...<br /><br />I bet JB has the answer...

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

The singularity takes one to the tenth dimension, it is now possible to calculate the existence of an eleventh dimension which relates to the possibilities of the existence of parrallel universes.

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by JasonJ:<br /> then where did the Big Guy come from?
God says that he has always been. [Hard for us mortals to accept]. Everything that is was spoken into exhistance by God. The only power that can actually creat something out of nothing.

magster65

Commander

12Footer - The singularity was what the scientists are calling 'pure energy' which when cooled began to form molecules that eventually formed atoms that formed... you know... everything. That singularity is the most scientific way to include religion in creation. It's fascinating.<br /><br />Vlad - If matter was sucked into a black hole... who's to say it would reappear elsewhere or just be converted back into this 'pure energy' of a miniature singularity? When matter passes the event horizon it is so chaotic, stretched and superheated that it wouldn't seem possible to reappear as matter again.<br /><br />Maybe I am on dope...

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

You are right Lube, it is hard for us mortals to accept. It's as overwhelming as trying to figure out how many cubic inches there are in the universe. I do see an advantage to having faith, it allows you to live your life without worrying about where things came from.<br /><br />For the record, I am going through a personal conflict as far as God goes. I guess it's an age thing, but God is becoming more and more plausable for me, if that makes sense. My family, at its core, is Catholic, and I have been thinking more about the whole thing. Not sure why. I think deep down I have always believed but fought it, but I am not sure. I do know I'll figure it out eventually. Its a discussion for another thread maybe...

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

"I bet JB has the answer..." quoth Jason J.<br /><br />Yup. And I aint telling. :)

dtherrien

Petty Officer 1st Class

Ok...this is my opinion,<br />i dont beleive in a god or a supreme being,heaven or hell. I do beleive in myself, that i always try to do the right thing....i believe that people should be worshiping this planet. The way it is going now,big corporations are polluting this planet beyond repair.<br />So...i dont think it really matters if there was a big bang or a supreme being created us...this is your life here...enjoy it because there is no way that anybody can say what happens when your life here ends.

tomatolord

Chief Petty Officer

Scientists have only accounted for a small (10%) of both energy and matter in the universe. Everything else they are calling dark energy/matter. <br /><br />they know it exists but they dont know what it is

mattttt25

Commander

if you anyone really cares to put some intelligent thought into this, i suggest reading, "a brief history of time" by stephen hawkings. actually, read it a few times and you might pick up some of what he is trying to state. the guy is amazing.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

So if the big bang is the the moment of creation... the incredible expansion from a singularity... when was the singularity created?
In a nut shell, my theory is that "The Singularity" was created during a "Big Crunch"... When a previous "big crunch" (contracting universe) reached the point where it could no longer compress matter, KABOOOM!... Big Bang (expanding universe)....<br /><br />That's my theory, anyway...