Where can we launch in the Chesapeake Bay?

5OClockAJ!

Recruit
We have a 2019 Tidewater 22 footer, "5 O'clock" We've been launching @ Elk Neck, but sustained damage to her last year. We'd like to fish the middle bay and need recommendations for launches. We have a lifetime MD state park pass. With the price of gas, we can't go cruising checking out launches. If we do, no gas for the boat.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
We'd like to fish the middle bay and need recommendations for launches. We have a lifetime MD state park pass. With the price of gas, we can't go cruising checking out launches. If we do, no gas for the boat.
What do you call Middle Bay?

Not many options of you limit yourself to State launch ramps. Only one between the Bay Bridge and Pt. Lookout

5OClockAJ!

Recruit
What do you call Middle Bay?

Not many options of you limit yourself to State launch ramps. Only one between the Bay Bridge and Pt. Lookout
We are open to any launch ramp. I have a lifetime state park pass is why I stated state parks.

Drivewayboater2

Petty Officer 1st Class
There’s many that can be used.
From marinas (might charge you a couple bucks) but you may also be able to dump your trailer there for the day.
I’ve used the local ramp in St Michaels. And you could park your trailer on the street. No cost! I Just had to contact local police and give them my trailer tag number. Years ago but it was there.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
We are open to any launch ramp. I have a lifetime state park pass is why I stated state parks.
Sandy Pt. State Park
Tri-State in Deale
Rod and Reel in Chesapeake Beach
Breezy Pt. Marina -Plum Pt
Solomons - State Ramp
Buzz’s Marine in Ridge
Pt. lookout State Park

My home stomping grounds. Just be aware it’s “big water” out front south of Solomons with no real place to hide

Watch, but don’t believe the marine forecast. Right 50% at best.

Anything over 10 kts and or coming out of the North or NE is going to be uncomfortable in a 22’ boat

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
I’ve used the local ramp in St Michaels. And you could park your trailer on the street. No cost! I Just had to contact local police and give them my trailer tag number. Years ago but it was there.
Watch yourself on the eastern shore. Lots of ramps that require county permits that is aggressively enforced.

nola mike

Vice Admiral
Sandy Pt. State Park
Tri-State in Deale
Rod and Reel in Chesapeake Beach
Breezy Pt. Marina -Plum Pt
Solomons - State Ramp
Buzz’s Marine in Ridge
Pt. lookout State Park

My home stomping grounds. Just be aware it’s “big water” out front south of Solomons with no real place to hide

Watch, but don’t believe the marine forecast. Right 50% at best.

Anything over 10 kts and or coming out of the North or NE is going to be uncomfortable in a 22’ boat
You ever make it up the Potomac? I'm near Westmoreland State Park. Tends to get sporty past Coles point, so I don't usually go past there unless there's nothing but a light southern breeze...

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
You ever make it up the Potomac? I'm near Westmoreland State Park. Tends to get sporty past Coles point, so I don't usually go past there unless there's nothing but a light southern breeze...
My dad lived in Colonial Beach up until a couple of years ago.

Fish out of Pt. Lookout quite a bit in August (Target ship) for Drum, then again in late November into December to chase Stripers.

nola mike

Vice Admiral
My dad lived in Colonial Beach up until a couple of years ago.

Fish out of Pt. Lookout quite a bit in August (Target ship) for Drum, then again in late November into December to chase Stripers.
Lmk if you're up that way. New brewery in CB. Icehouse. Very cool place