Where are they made?

RicMic

Chief Petty Officer
I did some searches without much luck. I'll soon be buying a new prop(probably stainless) for my Mercury outboard and I prefer to buy only made in the USA, unless there is no other choice. Value is also important, quality for my $. I search most of the prop makers web sites and only Stiletto, gave the country of maunfacture for their props, all the rest gave no country info.. I have found out Solas is made in China, anyone know where other brands of props are made and comments on quality? Thanks!

RicMic

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Where are they made?

Huron Angler, I'll check that site out. I'm not anti anybody, I've been to China and Japan and a lot of other places and have nothing bad to say about the countries or people, BUT I know that the USA became what it WAS, by MAKING PRODUCTS and selling them to the rest of the world. We HAVE to get back to that and sometimes, it might cost me a few more dollars, sometimes to my surprise its actually CHEAPER up front and in the long run it will definately be CHEAPER.

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Turbo and Stiletto (Precision Propeller Industries) are made in Indianoplis.

RicMic

Chief Petty Officer

I don't know where the Merc props are made, I couldn't find anything on their website. I was hoping someone would know for sure.

RicMic

Chief Petty Officer

So, so far its made in the USA;
Michigan Wheel
Mercury Marine
Stiletto
Turbo
Any others?