When you become very old?

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: When you become very old?

Agree with JB.....wanna go out alone and used up. Bassy....you used to have a thing at the bottom of your posts about going out used up.....you still got that? Always stuck with me. I did a search for it but the search don't go back that far.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

I think my kids will end up living with me! With the current realestate trends they will never be able to afford a house. Anyway, I think it is a good idea to keep family together. The old folks can help watch the young ones, and the young ones keep the old ones active and productive.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

Good topic, however, discussions like this raise an antenna with me. My Mother did herself in back in '97. And the typical signals were there but not recognized nor acted upon by my bro and me. But in reflection my Moms behavior very much reflected what the professionals publish regarding what to recognize as behaviors or signals that something is up. <br /><br />While this topic posted is very responsible in that we all should do the life plan deal to ensure our heirs will be cognizant of our wishes for our care while we age, please all, pay attention to those who may seem suddenly concerned with a care situation for them. Could be that some sort of terminal health condition cropped up, or GOD knows what.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

Oh yea, on a lighter note, I have too much stuff to do and am way too mean to ever be immobilized!. I do fully intend to be the crotchety old fart who is immortal! :D

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

I can't see anyone in my family helping me to the bathroom when I can't for myself. I'm too proud I guess. I have no kids and don't want the stepkids doing it for me. I would have to go with JB on this. There is good help out there and I want to stay here. Save my money and have help here at home. No nursing home for me. I'm a quiet person and the noise in those places would make me very unhappy. But this is a long,long time from now. <br />Bassy