What's your pet peeve ?

ae708

Chief Petty Officer
I got the idea for this thread while reading the one about manners. One of my big pet peeves is people wearing a hat inside, especially in a restaurant. I was taught to remove your hat when you entered a building and the being in the Navy reinforced. My son used to tell his friends that if they wanted to visit him and remain inside that they'd better take their hat off when they came in.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Re: What's your pet peeve ?

People who forward me stupid e-mails that spread false rumors.<br /><br />Ken

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

people who have pet peeves and get all hung up over them. Opppppppps, guess I have a pet peeve........now I'm peeved at myself!

LubeDude

Admiral

I have a few concerning drivers, (like driving slow in the fast lane), but my biggest one is people that let there dogs bark out of control regardless of where they are.

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> Rude, disrespectful teenagers.
AND their parents, where it starts.

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Different credit machines in every damn store...plus the checks, and debit OR credit, or cash, or no price tags, or then the damn barking dogs from Oregon can be heard all the way up into Washinton, and grrrrrrr..don't get me started on people with plastic stick in there ear. And soon coming to a airplane seat near you

JasonB

Lieutenant

Cell phones when they are inappropriate. Such as ringing/talking on them during church services, at nicer restaurants, driving down the road during a snowstorm (this morning's rant), etc. If you must keep your cell phone on during these times because you are on call (I'm in this category) or something. Please set it to vibrate and step out if you absolutely must answer it.....

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

AND people that throw trash in the back of there pickup and then hit the highway, and of course the slobs that throw crap out the window, not to mention the weeks worth in a bag and on the side of the road as they are too cheap or lazy to get service.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by Robby6950:<br />
Originally posted by SBN:<br /> Rude, disrespectful teenagers.
AND their parents, where it starts.
Some parents that is.<br />My kids were taught what respect was from the git go.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Too many to list,but the one that gets me lately is when people come into my store and look at the price tag then proceed to ask me "How much is this?"

eeboater

Commander

People who call all SUV's Jeeps. Dammit, the Jeep EARNED the name Jeep. Don't be calling a fricking KIA or RAV 4 a Jeep. ITS NOT A JEEP!!!!!! <br /><br /><br />
cussing.gif
chair.gif
wall.gif
AR15firing.gif
<br /><br />Sean

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by Elmer Fudge:<br /> Too many to list,but the one that gets me lately is when people come into my store and look at the price tag then proceed to ask me "How much is this?"
Another blonde moment maybe EF? :)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by eeboater:<br /> People who call all SUV's Jeeps. Dammit, the Jeep EARNED the name Jeep. Don't be calling a fricking KIA or RAV 4 a Jeep. ITS NOT A JEEP!!!!!! <br /><br /><br />
cussing.gif
chair.gif
wall.gif
AR15firing.gif
<br /><br />Sean
Exactly, I have 2 Cherokees and I can't stand that.

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

Another one... parents who don't control their children out in public!!!

one more cast

Captain

How about the people that throw their trash in the back of my pick-up. This has happened a few times and really ticks me off.

Link

Rear Admiral

The term SUV created by the press to attack anything thats not a geo-metro or yugo!<br /><br />And everything Jasonb had to say about cell phones!

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Posted by SBN: "Another blonde moment maybe EF? "<br /><br />Well you know Spinner, i thought real long and hard about it and decided to be PC since "you know who" might be lurking :D :D

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

People that want to visit and chat with someone in the middle of the Ilse(sp) in stores,blocking people from getting by.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

"How about the people that throw their trash in the back of my pick-up. This has happened a few times and really ticks me off."<br /><br /><br />Sorry OMC, i did not know that it was your truck<br /> :p :D :D