What's your line?

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander
(c&p)The American Film Institute is surveying Hollywood types for the top 100 quotes from U.S. movies, with contenders including Bogart's "Here's looking at you, kid" from "Casablanca," Schwarzenegger's "I'll be back" from "The Terminator" and Nicholson's "You can't handle the truth!" from "A Few Good Men <br /><br /><br />I like Clint Eastwood's "Do you feel lucky...well do you....Punk"

KennyKenCan

Commander
Re: What's your line?

I always liked "Whatcha talkin about, Willis" from Diff'rent Strokes.<br /><br />Or...<br /><br />"I have a need, a need for speed" from Top Gun, is another of my favorites.

gaugeguy

Captain

"dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy" The Outlaw Josey Wales

ehenry

Commander

Sam Elliot in the Sacketts - "Boy, this man here has stared down chargin grizzlies, fought ragin comanche braves and he's seen a thousand struttin peacocks just like you. BOY, Killin dont set well with a man's supper."

KennyKenCan

Commander

Originally posted by JB:<br /><br />"Man! That guy's dead!" Jonathan Winters in "It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world"
That is one of my favorite movies!<br /><br />And Jonathan Winters is one of my favorite comedians!

ndemge

Commander

Shawshank Redemption..<br /><br />"Red, I do believe your talking out of your @SS"

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

The first ones I think of are from tv shows of my childhood... :rolleyes: ...you'd have to have seen the shows to understand them...<br /><br />"Never fear - Smith is here!" (Lost in Space)<br /><br />"Sounds like a job for... INTERNATIONAL RESCUE!"<br /><br />"Fetch the Rolls Parker" "Yes B'Lady"<br /><br />"Holy hole in a doughnut Batman!"<br /><br />"RUN SCOOB!!" (for Mark42's benefit ;) )

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

My brother and I die laughing and use the quote often, from Arnolds COMMANDO.<br /><br />After he breaks his kidnapper's neck on the plane, he puts a blanket on him and tells the stewardess.<br /><br />"Dont disturb my friend, he's dead tired"<br /><br /> :D :D :D :D :D <br /><br />Ken

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

yea, "It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world" is also one of my favourite movies,i just love the ending as the loud mouthed old wench slips on a banana peel :D

Skiuseme

Chief Petty Officer

"Does she have big thieghs...No then whats the problem" Grandpa from Grumpy old men<br /><br /><br />"You boys are dumber than a bag of hammers" O'brother Where Art Thou

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

"Badges? We don't got no badges. We don't need no STINKING BADGES!!" from Treasure of the Sierra Madre.<br /><br />"That'll be the day". John Wayne in several pix.<br /><br />"Man! That guy's dead!" Jonathan Winters in "It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world"<br /><br />"Past a certain age, men don't make sudden moves around women." Patricia Neal in "In Harm's Way" AND John Wayne in "Rooster Cogburn".

ddaigle

Petty Officer 1st Class

"My uncle says I'm a damp match in a dark cave, what do you think he means?" <br /><br />Actual quote from teenage friend of my daughter.<br />I couldn't help it, I fell on the ground laughing!

ED21

Master Chief Petty Officer

Clint Eastwood<br />"You have to ask youself, did he fire 6 shot or only 5....Do you feel lucky? Well do ya' punk"<br />As close as I can remember it anyway.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

1972 film 'Jerimiah Johnson'<br /><br />Jeremiah Johnson: Y'ever get lonesome? <br /><br />Bear Claw Chris Lapp: Fer what? <br /><br />Jeremiah Johnson: Woman? <br /><br />Bear Claw Chris Lapp: Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart...<br /><br /> I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest biatch that ever balled for beads. I lodge-poled her at Deadwood Creek, and traded her for a Hawken gun..... <br /><br /> :D :D :D :D

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

"fill your hands you son of a *itch" as the Duke puts the reins in his teeth and charges Ned Pepper, with a Colt .45 in one hand and his Model 92 Winchester in the other.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

"what we have here is a failure to communicate". Strother Martin (Prison Warden) to Paul Newman (Cool Hand Luke). <br /><br />Undoubtedly a timelessly useful phrase.

LadyFish

Admiral

There are tons of good ones from Full Metal Jacket, and Gunnery Sergeant Hartman, but not many that can be posted here.<br /><br />
What is your major malfunction, Private Pyle?
Actually that whole scene was histerical. :D

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

"Who ARE those guys?" Butch Casidy and the Sundance Kid.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

"I picked a fine day to quit____________" From {Airplane}<br /><br />"Bluker!" (followed by horse noise) Young Frankenstein

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

I think it was Ernest Borgnine, in the Wild Bunch, who fired his shotgun at the bad guys, loaded with dimes. After blowing one away, he said "keep the change". If ya liked blood and violence, Sam Peckinpaw was your man.