What's your favorite quotation?

JoeW

Senior Chief Petty Officer
OK! Here's the topic of the day. List your favorite quotation/saying whatever you want to call it. Put em here. I know I should have one handy, but I'm still thinking on it.

Parrott_head

Chief Petty Officer
Re: What's your favorite quotation?

Not sure if this is a quotation or not, it is a folk art sampler that my Great-Grandmother did probably circa 1915.<br /><br />"Life is mostly froth and bubble,<br />Two things stand like stone.<br />Kindness in anothers trouble,<br />Courage in your own."<br /><br />It is not attributed to anyone.<br />It now hangs in my dining room.

ob

Admiral

If it's "goose and geese" why not "moose and meese"?

ob

Admiral

I can't remember who it was that made this quote but it goes something like,"fool me once ,shame on me,...fool me twice......well .........you ain't gonna fool me twice." ;)

LadyFish

Admiral

"If you don't make dust, you eat dust."

Ralph 123

Captain

Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common the unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; un-rewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan “press on” has solved, and always will solve, the problems of the human race.-- Calvin Coolidge, Thirtieth US President 1923-1929

bluewater19

Chief Petty Officer

In order to get what you want, see that you keep what you have.

Ralph 123

Captain

It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat -- Theodore Roosevelt, Twenty-Sixth US President 1901-1909

LadyFish

Admiral

Never overestimate the intelligence of a liberal". LadyFish 3-2004

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

You can't polish a ****.<br /><br /> :) <br /><br />Ken

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Pi$$ Poor Performance.<br /><br />Positively :D

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

One of the most important secrets of a happy life is knowing the difference between what you really need and what you merely want.<br /><br />Just think about how happy you would be to lose everything you have. . .and then get it back.<br /><br />Don't know who said either first. <br /><br />Maybe it was JB.!! :D

ob

Admiral

I know the feeling.My boat was stolen two years ago and recovered the next morning.Missing battery and some other fixtures,yet I was as happy or more to get it back than I was the day I bought it.

Carphunter

Commander

"Keep what you can use, and release the rest.........to fight again". - Bill Dance

bh357

Chief Petty Officer

It's better to light a candle then to curse the darkness <br />-Mother Teresa<br /><br /> There's a sucker born every minute <br />-P.T. Barnum<br /><br /> Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant <br />-author unknown