What's your area known for?

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: What's your area known for?

LOL @ DR . . .<br /><br />Right now Chino Hills High School has the #1 Baseball hitting and 1st base prospect in the Country, he's a Junior. My son was on the same team with him a few games last year. I'll let you know when we're known as the home of Chris Parmalee . . . ;)

alumistar

Petty Officer 2nd Class

mountains, skiing and...............................................................various types of WEEDs! :D

dtherrien

Petty Officer 1st Class

Northern New york has....dairyfarms....mohawk indians....adirondack mountains,,,and not a whole lot of people.

stevens

Senior Chief Petty Officer

"Yeah, but I live in Swindon..."<br /><br />Yes, well, right... <br /><br />At least Her Majesty has visited link and you have a magic roundabout link :D

KilroyJC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Political corruption.<br />Toxic waste.<br />Political corruption.<br />Traffic.<br />Political corruption.<br />TONS of Stupid traffic.<br />Political corruption.<br />Pollution.<br />Political corruption.<br />Hexavalent Chromium.<br />Political corruption.<br />The highest population density in the nation (New Jersey has a higher population density than Japan or India), and Jersey City has the densest population in the state - Yes... I live with a lot of dense people!<br />Did I mention Political Corruption?<br /><br />Whaddya want? I'm sandwiched between Newark and Manhattan!

mattttt25

Commander

annapolis- sailing capital of the world. blue claw crabs.<br /><br />south jersey- tomatoes and corn. cheese steaks and pizza. and of course the turnpike.

carljh

Seaman Apprentice

Zimbabwe.<br /><br />Bad governance<br />Corruption<br />Starvation<br />Arresting US diplomats<br />Farm invasions<br />Inflation (currently 412%)<br />Black market<br />No fuel<br />No food<br />No sense<br /><br />On the good side:<br />Wide open water with no rules and Tiger Fish

toomanyboats

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Wine,Earthquakes,Female Chest inplants.<br />I drink alot,feel alot,and see alot !!<br /> :D :D :D

PW2

Commander

Where I'm from (Seattle)<br /><br />Rain<br />Traffic Jams<br /><br />Where I'm at (Michigan's Upper Peninsula)<br /><br />Inbreeding<br />Snow

alden135

Lieutenant Commander

New Hampshire:<br /><br />money trees<br />magic boats that never break<br />clean politics

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

High real estate prices now...

treedancer

Commander

Come-on Jason what do you consider high bet plenty of others on this sight can top Sandpoint. ;)

Homerr

Commander

Originally posted by ZmOz:<br /> Meth and rain. That's about it.<br /><br />
You missed one Oz... "Californian Immigrants"<br /><br /><br /> :) <br /><br />H.

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

This town I live in Enfield Ct is know for the Hazard Power Company they were the largest supplier of gun powder to the Union army during the civil war. Also till 1971 the world famous Bigalow-Sanford Carpet Copmany was here and during WW2 they were the sole supplier of blankets to the armed services. And Lego's North American distubation center is here...

treedancer

Commander

No thanks will keep my Tamarack condo In Florida not quite as much snow. ;)

blade_x

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I live in So Cal and were known for having too damned many illegals from mexico.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Treedancer, there are plenty of more expensive areas in the country, but when a house that went for $50,000 three years ago goes for $275,000 but with no increase in local wages, that is high...<br /><br />On the plus side, that show Extreme Makover is doing a house here, they have the whole place nutted up with blocked off roads and such. We really need more national exposure... :(