Whats your A/C set to?

heyttown

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Whats your A/C set to?

Air usually set around 74-78......Heating in the winter I keep it at 65-68 max....I prefer a cool house year round... <br />with $$$ being tight with being off work, I try and limit the a/c to only a string of hot/humid days. I can deal with temps in the 90's and be miserable for 1 day anything longer then that the ac goes on.<br />Tonight its about 68 outside and calling for 95 humid with a heat index of 100 with the humidity added in....That ac is getting turned on in the morning when I wake up when the house is at its coolest. Calling for 90's or close to it till next wednesday.

bigNATE®

Cadet

my "area" of the house is 64 deg 24/7 in the summer & 60 in winter

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

It was 88* a couple hours ago when I got home. But the wind picked up and I have opened the window now, so it has dropped to 82* in my bedroom. I'm sure it was over 100 while I was at work.<br /><br />I have the au naturale style of air conditioning, and it requires me to be au naturale.<br /><br />I do have a small window unit for the bedroom if we get real hot temps for more than a few days. I also will put it in the window if the parents come to visit, as mom can't take the heat.

ZmOz

Captain

I only have a window air conditioner, which I usually leave on full blast. I've woken up several times in the middle of the nigh and it's only like 55 in there. :D

Link

Rear Admiral

Only have a window air conditioner, which I usually leave on full blast also.<br />I set it at 72 but it never shuts off... central air/heat comming this year! :)

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Set at 75.....Psssstt.....(don’t tell the wife.... but I have it programmed to drop to 70 after 10:30 PM and to return to 75 at 5:00 AM)

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Dadgum, none of yall live in Houston. We run our A/C 24/7/300.<br /><br />Usually we have it at 72 at night.<br /><br />But many people I know keep it at 64-66.<br /><br />Ken

LadyFish

Admiral

Ours is programmed to 78 at night and 80 during the day when we're not home.<br /><br />'Cause somebody (I won't mention any names) is tighter than bark to a tree.

aspeck

Staff member

75-76 degrees now. Used to keep it set about 65 in the summer and 55 in the winter. I USED to love the cold. Now, since the prolonged stays in Ghana, 75 is cold!

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

68 to 72 depending on my mood. I cannot stand the heat. I'd rather freeze to death than sweat. :)

gaugeguy

Captain

68 year round. I don't know how people can sleep when its over 75, I'd be sweating like Jesse Jackson on judgement day :p

CntrySngr

Petty Officer 2nd Class

72 year round...AC in summer, Heater in winter.

eeboater

Commander

Good. I don't feel bad having mine set to 72 then.

Twidget

Commander

76 in the summer, 74 in the winter.<br /><br />Not that it really matters with the way my house is built. The room with the thermostat is the only one at that level. My office is 80 as I type this.

FSHKPR

Ensign

keep mine set at 80 mainly just for humidity control, i love the het, the weather here the last few days has been just what i like upper 80s lower 90s. i love it. even with the deck i had to build the other day. neighbors though i was nuts for working in that heat. i loved it. did not bother me at all. now i gotta just have to figure out why i live wisconsin.

Realgun

Commander

On/off there is no set temp if its warm I turn it on if its cold I turn if off. Swamp coolers gotta love'em :) <br /><br />Actually we got a thermstat for it. its set for 74 all the time. Basically it runs on and off in the morning till about 1 pm. It runs constantly till 8pm the on off till 10pm then pretty much off all night.<br /><br />Oh and now that I fixed the water distribution tube it runs on low only.<br /><br /> This is how a swamp coler works.<br /><br />Mine is actually able to cool 30 degrees from outside to inside temps. The hotter it is outside the cooler it is inside.<br /><br />It uses about 3000 gallons of water a month so the city is trying to get everyone to switch to evaporative cooling. Not for this guy I like the air being freshened all the time! Have to keep a window open all the time to let the air out of the house.