What's the best thing you ever found?

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: What's the best thing you ever found?

I lost my original wedding ring at Lake Mead 17 years ago. I keep telling Mrs. QC I know exactly where it is; the middle of Pearce Bay. She is still not amused . . .<br /><br />Oh yeah, I found Mrs QC's lost cockatiel in a neighbor's yard after being missing for 3 months. That was before I lost the ring, so no points :(

Pony

Rear Admiral

P.S. You can keep the John Denver tape.<br /><br />
Gee thanks KIZ.....<br /><br /><br />Along with that tape I also found a map of Illinois....which does me no good. I used it to start a campfire once.

joblo33

Chief Petty Officer

A 1968 Evinrude Mate while cleaning out the old shed in the back of my yard when I was about 10 - 11. Also found one of those big pink buoys floating in the middle of the lake a couple weeks ago. <br />Eric

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

About $1.75 in change at the bottom of a swimming pool at a campsite close to my friends grandparent's house in the Thousand Islands. <br /><br />Of course, the facts that I was about 12, had no money, and could buy a bottle of soda at that time for maybe 10 or 15 cents played a large part in the joy of the discovery....

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Estwing framing hammer... Found it out in the middle of the road... Nice hammer..<br /><br />Found a nice crescent(sp?) wrench on the front window ledge of my shop one morning... Strange place to find a crescent(sp?) wrench.. :confused: I asked around.. Was'nt any of the neighbors.. Was'nt my landlords.. Mine now.. :)

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I think 12footer wins....

bigbad4cyl

Petty Officer 1st Class

50 dollar bill, bunch of 1 dollar bills, 1 gold nugget ring with diamonds,

brother chris

Commander

God!<br />And parking spot at Walmart. <br /><br />Edited...because I can't spell. hehe

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class

lol@ZMOZ<br />hahahaha

alden135

Lieutenant Commander

16 years ago - My wife<br /><br />6 years ago - My lawyer<br /><br /> :D :D :D

joblo33

Chief Petty Officer

Thought of another one. In the shallows in Beavertail lake: a 14 aluminium' boat on the bottom. Pulled on it and it came up, bailed a bit and my friend got a tow back riding in it. (he's the one that spotted it) There were no leaks either. It was pretty ugly though so we just left it tied at the public beach for anyone to use.<br />Eric

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I found more than a bag of it. I caught a genuine "sqaure grouper" (bail) back in the 80's. I quickly called the CG. That was one bail that never had a chance to ruin a life.<br />They found others too.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

My dogtags,they were torn off during an artillery barrage.I found them just before they were going to be used to notify my wife.

magster65

Commander

I found this in a garage with the original plates and all... paperwork... everything. Got it for a song! I later sold which has turned out to be one of the stupidest things I've ever done... that's original paint... #'s match... 43000 miles... waaaaaaaa!<br />
69gts7.jpg
<br />I'll be ok one day.<br />Prior to parenthood... long long ago we went to a Rush concert. We had no beer and no weed and no money... you kinda' needed that stuff to go to a concert. Just out front of the extremely busy arena was... you guessed it... a huge bag (1/2 oz.) of the good stuff just lying there. Jack-frickin-pot :) <br />I sure was hungry after the show...

tomatolord

Chief Petty Officer

My FRP (final resting place) actually wife found it (house on a lake, on a culdesac, 1acre, japanese style, red wood ceilings, all cedar downstairs, 30 acres of parkland in hood, next to a 1,000 acre park, physically in the city limits but not we are in an island of the county.<br /><br />We had been looking for a house for awhile, my son was 9months old, she was driving down the road and it was raining, kid in the back seat crying.<br /><br />She saw a for sale by owner sign and pulled into the hood, went the wrong way and saw a lady at her mail box. <br /><br />Rolled the window down and she asked her if she knew where the FSBO was. She said No but I want to sell my house. <br /><br />It was never on the market, no one in the hood even knew she had moved out or that the house was even for sale<br /><br />She had already moved out the week before and had only pulled into the driveway to get her mail that she had not forwarded yet.<br /><br />We bought the house the next day.<br /><br />Tomatlord