What's that thing called??????

plusorfive

Recruit
I am refinishing a 1989 Crestliner Viking and have run into one small issue. I am trying to replace an aluminum piece on the very front portion of the bow. It is like a nose cone/plate/cover/protector that is held in place with two screws. I have searched part stores on the web and have no idea what to search for. I have tried everything that makes sense. I am wondering if anyone knows where I can locate a part like this or at least know the technical name for it. Thank you.

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: What's that thing called??????

picture is worth a thousand words

erikgreen

Captain

Post a pic, but I'm guessing it's either the cap on the bow for the rub rail or part of the breast hook (the eye that secures the boat to the trailer). If it's really held on by screws then it's probably that cap.

"cap" by the way is not a standard term... a lot of rub rails don't have that piece, and it's unique to every boat. You won't find it in a store, at least not an identical piece. The manufacturer may have one, or you might find one to salvage on a junk boat somewhere.

Why do you want to remove/replace it?

Erik

Squid Billy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I am refinishing a 1989 Crestliner Viking and have run into one small issue. I am trying to replace an aluminum piece on the very front portion of the bow. It is like a nose cone/plate/cover/protector that is held in place with two screws. I have searched part stores on the web and have no idea what to search for. I have tried everything that makes sense. I am wondering if anyone knows where I can locate a part like this or at least know the technical name for it. Thank you.

Does this piece go over the bow like the chrome piece they put on some flashy cowboy boots?

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

It's the bow cap that covers the ends of thew rub rail.

Try the manufacturer or ebay...... hard to find.