What's Mom getting for Mom's day?

eeboater

Commander
Re: What's Mom getting for Mom's day?

It's no prob JB. I think everyone could clearly see it was a touchy subject... Have a great mom's day anyway!!!<br /><br /><br />Sean

FSHKPR

Ensign

dont know what my wife is getting, thats up to her kids. she is not my mother. so i dont get her nothing.

tcube

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sorry to say, my mom's been dead three years now and the Admiral's died some 20 years ago.<br /><br />My sweetie will get whatever she gets from her son and daughter - like FHSKPR's - she ain't my mother.<br /><br />Oh, an old family tradition calls this Hallmark's "National Day of Guilt" :D

Serentiy

Petty Officer 1st Class

for my grandma I got her a bubble machine for the Grandkids she wathces all week I thought it will give her something to do with them I got my mom a short set and a beach towel. I got a propaine camp stove. Happy mothers day to all the hard working moms out there.<br />serenity

FSHKPR

Ensign

oh yeah forgot grandma, she always gets a nice card, a gift certificate to her favorite diner, which her and her husband go to atleast 4 times a week, and we buy dinner on mothers day,

Realgun

Commander

A phone call and a card is about al I can afford. :) We will do dinner later.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

A card and I will cook dinner for her, she is coming to visit for a few days. I'll try not to work her to hard :) <br /><br />Oh yeah, got her a new rod holder for her boat. She needs one so she doesn't drop the rod in the lake when she is putzing with stuff, or blowing her nose, or pouring coffee.

OLDSPUD

Petty Officer 1st Class

My mom enjoys nice flowers, but my wife loves cash.<br />So, I will perform like a good son and husband and do both.

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

My Mom is coming over Saturday evening for dinner and will get a card and flowers. We're doing it early cause the chip is home from military school on a weekend pass and has to be back at school at 8:00 PM on Sunday (a 2-hour drive). :( <br /><br />Queenie will be getting a true day of R & R as I have forbidden her from lifting a finger on Mother's Day every year since the oldest was born. No, she's not my mother but she is the mother of my progeny so I say she deserves it.

cajun555

Chief Petty Officer

This yrar will be differant. Will go to the cemetary to place flowers on Moms grave.

Straightup

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sorry to hear that cajun. Same with my Grandmother.

ufm82

Master Chief Petty Officer

Pregnant. <br /><br />N/MSG<br /><br />UFM82

sangerwaker

Commander

Nate, think about it for just a moment..... :D :D <br /><br />UFM82, I sure hope you mean your wife and not truly your mother! :p :p

ebbtide176

Commander

since her & pop are traveling from TN to WA, we just sent a big fat card with some recent family photos to my little sis' house up in Quilcene. :) <br /><br />i used to get her the big chocolate valentine box, even after i got older, but she didn't want anything fattening anymore. so then i got her a fancy potted plant or tiny earrings, but now she has all the plants she can tend, and more jewelry than she can wear... so she is glad to get a card & pics of her newest granddaughter.