What's Mom getting for Mom's day?

eeboater

Commander
My Mom is getting a nice mug from Barnes & Noble as well as a gift certificate to Barnes & Noble.<br /><br />Mrs. EEboater is getting 10 boxes of her favorite microwave popcorn plus a book she's been wanting from Barnes & Noble.<br /><br />Don't forget to tell you Mom you love her!<br /><br /><br />Sean

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: What's Mom getting for Mom's day?

My mom will get a visit from me. :D I figure that's good enough. :D <br /><br />No serious though, she has been wanting to see her daughter in law, well ex now but we still call her family, so I am flying her in from NY to see her. Will be picking her up Saturday night and then surprise mom on Sunday when we go down.<br /><br />Wife is getting 100 pink flamingos out in the yard with one great big one looking right at the door with a sign that says "I love you, happy mother's day"<br /><br />Then it's all to lunch.

90skichallenger

Petty Officer 1st Class

A card and a day away from the kids. and a new outfit.

JB

My Mom is getting the knowledge that her neice just sold her great granfather's Swiss music box. Ya know, the ones that are on a stand and have golden bees ringing little golden bells. It played six different operatic airs. Some of my most treasured memories of my Grandfather's house are of standing on a stool watching the little bees play "La Donna Mobile". Great Grandfather brought it home from the Mediterranean in 1855 as a wedding present to his bride.<br /><br />Cousin sold it at auction for $13,000. <br /><br />Mom will turn many times in her grave. :(

BigPoppaG

Chief Petty Officer

My Mom is getting a Card and A Crepe Myrtle tree just like the one we planted for her only Grand Daughter. Its what she wants.<br /><br />The wife will be gettinga a card and Gift certificate to Home Depot. She has her eye on something for the house and has told every one she knows, "thats what I want for mothers day."<br /><br />Lot easier for me when they tell me. ;)

LadyFish

Admiral

Originally posted by SBN:<br /><br />Wife is getting 100 pink flamingos out in the yard with one great big one looking right at the door with a sign that says "I love you, happy mother's day"<br />
From you SBN?

SpinnerBait_Nut

Yes, I too let her know what a great mom she is LF.

agrazela

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My mom is getting an azalea to plant in the yard of her new house (finally, after all the years of renting and moving every 2 or 3 years, they OWN!!!)<br /><br />My kids' mom is getting a brand new full set of La Jolla Lady Accent golf clubs with matching leather trimmed bag.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Card and flowers. She lives in Arizona.

LadyFish

Admiral

We took care of our Mom's this morning since they're both 2,000 miles away we had to get a jump on it.<br /><br />As long as I spend time with my daughter and her little ones I'm happy.

Straightup

Petty Officer 1st Class

Moms and Grandma's are getting cards.<br /><br />Wife's getting breakfast :D

sangerwaker

Commander

My mom is getting a nice hanging basket of some variety of flowers.<br /><br />My wife is getting a basket also, along with her new laminate floor that I'm installing Sunday with her dad.

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br />2,000 miles away
LF... They must be in the furthest corner from the USA from you. Where are they in relation to you?<br /><br />Sean

LadyFish

Admiral

Upstate New York eeboater. It's really hard being so far away from my Mom. :(

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Mom's getting a penant necklace from the three of us kids.<br /><br />..probably a good razzing about how she almost went off the deep-end with the three of us at home before my sister left for college too.. <br /><br />lets just say she earned it.. :D

aspeck

Staff member

Some stuff from Hickory Farms - it is tough being creative 1/2 a world away!<br /><br />Wife will get a day out on the town - buffet dinner at a very exclusive restaurant in Accra and a card from the littlest aspeck, and one from me, too.

FSHKPR

Ensign

my mom is getting a set of hummingbird windchimes, since she has a thing for hummingbirds. i saw these at a gift shop right after christmas and told my wife there is part of moms mothersday gift. will also get her a nice boquet of flowers and take her out for supper.

JB

I apologize for the downer post, folks. It was just an event that broke my heart. :( <br /><br />My former wife is getting flowers and dinner with me and a bunch of descendants cooked by her grandson, the chef.

one more cast

Captain

My Mom will be getting a fuchsia to hang on her front porch. I can't tell you what my wife is getting because she reads the iboats posts.