What's in your Boat Toolbox?

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: What's in your Boat Toolbox?

used to carry a box in the boat, but it got to heavy and I could no longer get up on plane.<br /><br />So I replaced it with a kicker motor, spare key and plug, tylenol and water.<br /><br />Eveerything else stays in the truck.

alderman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Don't do it with fuel in the line, guess I should have covered that. No accounting for common sense.<br />Ray

Buttanic

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Mask, fins and snorkle, never know when I may need to go overboard because of a fouled prop or a hole punched in the hull in an area that cannot be reached from inside.

phaeton

Cadet

much of the above tools wise but I would the following specific additions - <br />1. self amalgmating tape - rubber based and will provide a good tempory fix to most pipes.<br />2. one of those camping wire saws - about a foot of 'rough wire' between a couple of rings or toggles as handles. Almost unbeatable for removing rope from props/drives/rudders. I keep mine dry and handy in the flares box.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by garycinn:<br /> In addition:<br /><br />An extra boat ....
there you go, what else would you need?<br /><br /> :D :D :D :D :D

Solittle

Fleet Admiral

While not a tool I won't leave the marina without marine charts.

Osprey

Petty Officer 2nd Class

For those with thru-hull fittings at or below the waterline. A set of wood cone plugs used to cork the hole if one fails.

Ouan

Cadet

Full set of sockets scerwdrivers hammer spare impellers oil filter woodworking tools wire spare light bulbs etc all my tools go to the boat when it goes in as well as some of those plastic sawhorses just about everything to fix everything !!

DeltaDaze

Recruit

In addition to a lot of the suggestions above, a beeswax toilet ring seal. If one gets a hole in the boat, it can be easily molded to either plug the hole or to form a ring where one can stick plastic to it to cover a larger hole.<br /><br />DD