Whats for lunch

eeboater

Commander
Please help me... PLEEAASEEE... <br /><br />What are you having for lunch? I'm TIRED of this boring old every day crap. I fret at the thought that I have to eat the same stuff over and over and over and over for the next 40 years...<br /><br />Requirements:<br /><br />Must be cookable/re-heatable in a microwave.<br /><br />Sean

sangerwaker

Commander
Re: Whats for lunch

We have a Foreman grill in the lunchroom that gets used very regularly. Cook up a fresh burger or chicken breast or something along thos lines.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Coffee....What else, too busy padding my posts to eat. With all the talk about Cat kills in Wisconsin, well how do ya feel about Feline Casserole?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hmmmm. Haven't decided yet.<br /><br />Could be:<br /><br />A couple of Hormel Beef Wranglers on whole wheat buns with sharp cheddar and horseradish mustard and a glass of burgundy.<br /><br />Half of a Tombstone original 4 meat pizza and a glass of chianti. Awww. can't do that one in the microwave. Make it one Tombstone single deep dish deluxe (microwavable) pepperoni pizza and chianti.<br /><br />Broiled small filet with broccoli and carrots. . . oops, can't be nuked.<br /><br />Big bowl of JB's unknown caterpillar soup and a glass of Blue Nun leibfraumilch. Caterpillar soup is smoked pork, carrots, potatos and split peas. . .very thick.<br /><br />Big bowl of JB's unknown chili con carne (no beans) with chopped raw onions and shredded sharp cheddar and a glass of burgundy.<br /><br />Salmon, broccoli (both with hollandaise sauce), Niblets extra sweet corn and a glass of Blue Nun.<br /><br />For dessert 1/4 pint of Godiva Dark Belgian Chocolate ice cream.<br /><br />Now I'm hungry. Enjoy, Sean. :)

SoulWinner

Commander

Dang JB, Maybe you aught to apply to Presidents new chef! If'n you don't get that, you can dang sure be mine!!

Bondo

Staff member

Left-Over Chinese here.......

eeboater

Commander

JB... I see a recurring theme: Wine :D <br /><br />Not sure that'll work here... unless.. I can put it in my travel mug...<br /><br />Hmm.... :D

KennyKenCan

Commander

gaugeguy,<br /><br />Your wife starving you or something?<br /><br />Apple and water!<br /><br />Chain gangs get fed more!

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by KKC:<br /> gaugeguy,<br />Your wife starving you or something?<br />Apple and water!<br />Chain gangs get fed more!
Dr. told me if I didn't drop my cholesterol I was gonna drop dead. Heart disease runs in the family, so I am trying to do it naturally before they put me on lipitor or something like it.<br /><br />Lost all the weight I gained after quitting smoking, and I'm actually getting muscle tone back that I lost after getting out of the Corps, so it isn't all bad...I just miss my goodies every now and then.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

I had a McDonalds deluxe breakfast on the way to work, today i'm skipping lunch because this evening i'm going to an Indian resturant with some friends (Mild Lamb vindaloo, rice and naan bread) and maybe a couple glasses of Clos Du Bois Cabernet Sauvignon :) <br /><br />no room for dessert :D

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by eeboater:<br /> JB... I see a recurring theme: Wine :D <br /><br />Not sure that'll work here... unless.. I can put it in my travel mug...<br /><br />Hmm.... :D
A glass or two of a good red per day polishes the mind quite effectively from a medicinal perspective ;) :D

dolluper

Captain

Some dog food be different and you could nuke it to :D :D

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I've got the same problem..bored of the same old thing every day... <br /><br />Today it was a bowl of Campbells Soup (the one that you can microwave in the container it's sold in...) and some packet of tuna that comes with mayo, relish, and some crackers. Pretty boring.<br /><br />Tomorrow will probably be turkey on wheat.<br /><br />I do most of the dinner cooking here, so I try to make a little extra so I have something for lunch a day or two later.

eeboater

Commander

After reading everyones posts I've come to a conclusion.<br /><br />Noone eats interesting Lunches.<br /><br />Sean

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

EE, ya gotta go out for lunch! I go someplace for take-out every day, no matter what... Fortunately I have numerous places near by.. <br /><br />All the burger joints are within a mile (most have a grilled chicken sandwich of some sort).. Miami Subs sub shop(makes an absolutely killer grilled chicken sandwich)... BBQ place (yumm, BBQ chicken)... Chinese (chicken fried rice)... On the rare instance, i'll bring leftovers to nuke in the microwave (chicken & dumplins)...

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by eeboater:<br /> After reading everyones posts I've come to a conclusion.<br /><br />Noone eats interesting Lunches.<br /><br />Sean
So then, what do you say an interesting lunch should be?