FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I'm having trouble finding the year of my Johnson outboard. I found two numbers: Modelnr: BJ70TLE5B and serialnr.:B8475803.
Can anybody give me a link or help me out with this?
there were 2 types of shifts in that era. the standard manual shift, and the electric shift. the easiest way to tell is if there is a shift lever on the right side of the engine (from the rear). if lever is there it is manual shift, if not it is electric shift. this link explains the electric shift.
Thanks guys,
It may sound stuppid but my (technical) English is very poor. I'm working on it. Therefore i fixed two pictures on my website. I think that'ist is a manual shift but maybe one of you can see if i am right