What would you do???

mercury1

Cadet
Re: What would you do???

Just as a follow up. Mainly for you arrogant do gooders that replied to this earlier. I spoke with a layer, the guy owning the boat installed a new 454 without informing me until after the fact that it was installed expecting me to cover the full cost. My lawyer informed me, that since he took the actions he did, tell him to get lost, as I would have been liable for no more than the block and/or anything else that was damaged IF I was found responsible. I find it hard to believe that any of you would offer a new $5000 motor to a guy, that has a 1995 boat, that had sat for 8 months before he used it, only to THEN find the block was cracked? Yeah, maybe you are better businessmen, I dont know. The advice alot of you gave me, made me feel guilty until it was all said and done. Thanks for the wonderful direction some of you sent meon. If I would have listened to a few of you, I would have bought a $5000 motor for a guy that probably needed one the whole time.

Ralph 123

Captain
Re: What would you do???

Maybe you weren't at fault and then again maybe you were. You'll never know now because the dumb kid acted in haste. You may have simply been lucky. That doesn't make you right.<br /><br />Hey, if your consciences is clear and you can sleep at night and look in the mirror in the morning then more power to you.<br /><br />I read every post. From your own description you appear to be clearly at fault. You did not research how to properly winterize the boat and you did not fill it with anti-freeze. That sounds negligent. Then you come here and complain about getting the opinions you asked to hear! Then you brag that you did't have to pay a dime not becuase you were right, but because of what amounts to a technicality.... oh well, so long as you can live with your self.