What words do(es) your dog(s) know?

Vlad D Impeller

Commander
Re: What words do(es) your dog(s) know?

Quietcat,<br /><br />Thats a beautiful pup you got there :cool: <br /><br />JB,<br /><br />Almost all of our pets understands us, it is we humans who have a hard time understanding them ;)

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Words my birds don't understand:<br />Don't eat the drywall<br />Don't take the thread out of the seams of my clothes<br />Don't fight<br />Don't poop unless you are in your cage<br />Turn off the light<br />Kill the intruder<br /> :(

FSHKPR

Ensign

Hey roscoe what kind of birds you have? i have 12 year old african grey that i got at about 6 weeks old. had to set an alarm and get up in the middle of the night to spoon feed her.she is a good pet and always says i love you, got a kiss for me. when ever i come home. she talks alot and has picked up some words i wish she hadn't

BF

Lieutenant

first word I taught my yellow lab when she was a pup was "off". If I offer her a treat and say "off" she won't take it... she turns away if you put it close to her mouth... or if she's got something in her mouth and I say "off" she'll spit it out. If I say "off" as I put her food out, she sits and waits. Also works for keeping the tongue off kids/folks that aren't used to kisses. "take it" is the release.<br /><br />She knows:<br />off, take it, give, sit, stay, come, down, shake, hurry up (means do your business now), all our names (go to ____) and she finds them, walk, lets go, and of course "fish"... <br /><br />I just need to say "fish" in the boat and she gets wound up. She also knows the sound the drag on my reel makes when line is pulled out... it makes her crazy with anticipation.