What was your first job? How much did you get paid?

aspeck

Staff member
Re: What was your first job? How much did you get paid?

Okay, everyone sing together ... working at the car wash, yea ... (for $0.75 per hour)! I was about 11 or 12 and ran the place for dear old dad - only one there all day to make sure everything kept working (and cleaning the white walls of the nice old ladies that would give the young boy a tip). Worked a 13 hour day - man, when I got that raise to $1.25 per hour I was really in hog heaven! That was back in about 72- 73.

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

In 1972 I was 14 and landed my first real job as, ready for this? ASSISTANT MANAGER at the Mr. Donut. I got the job because I was the only knucklehead willing to get out of bed at 3 AM to make the donuts. Lots of chocolate milk and donuts along with $1.35/hour in exchange for working in one of the nastiest places you can imagine food would come from. :eek: :confused: :(

D

DJ

Dishwasher. $2.25/hr.

Solittle

Fleet Admiral

1st job after college was as a 2nd Lt in the Army - paid $222 per month and worked 60+ hours a week. Fortunately got out before Nam got real hot. 1st civilian job was with Bertram Yacht in the Purchasing Dept for $100 a week.<br /><br />As a kid did the paper route, grocery store, shoveled snow, raked leaves stuff.