WHAT WAS, COULD HAVE BEEN, AND WHAT IS

ehenry

Commander
What Was:<br /><br />Hillary Clinton was arrogant and orally abusive to her security detail.She forbade her daughter, Chelsea, from exchanging pleasantries with them.<br />Sometimes, Chelsea, miffed at her mothers obvious conceit and mean spiritedness ignored her demands and exchanged pleasantries regardless,<br />but never in her mother's presence. Chelsea really was a nice, kindhearted, and lovely young lady. The consensus opinion was that Chelsea loved her mom but did not like her.<br /><br />Hillary Clinton was constituently rude and abrasive to those who were charged to protect her life. Her security detail dutifully did their job, as professionals should, but they all "loathed " her and wanted to be on<br />a different detail. She was hard work because she was so nasty and mean toward her detail. Hillary Clinton was uniformly despised by the<br />secret service as a whole.<br /><br />Former president Bill Clinton was much more amiable than his wife, Hillary. Often the secret service would cringe at the verbal attack antics<br />that Hillary would use against her husband, the then president. They were embarrassed for his sake by the manner and frequency in which <br /> she verbally insulted him, sometimes in the presence of the secret service, and sometimes behind closed doors. Even behind closed doors Hillary Clinton would scream and holler so loudly that everyone could hear what she was saying. Many felt sorry for President Clinton and most wondered why he tolerated it instead of just divorcing his "attack dog" wife. It was crystal clear that the Clintons neither liked or respected each other and this was true long before the Monica Lewinsky scandal. Theirs was genuinely a "marriage of convenience."<br /><br />Chelsea was much closer to her father than her mother, even after the Lewinsky scandal, which hurt her gravely. Bill Clinton did in fact have<br />"charisma," and occasionally would smile at or shake hands with his security detail. Still, he always displayed an obvious air of superiority<br />towards them. His security detail uniformly believed him to be disingenuous, false, and that he did nothing without a motive that in some way would enhance his image and political career. They did respect him, unlike his wife, but they did not particularly like him and nobody trusted him. He was polite, but not kind.<br /><br />What Could Have Been:<br /><br />Al Gore was the male version of Hillary Clinton. They were more friendly toward each other than either of them were towards former President<br />Clinton. They were not intimate, so please don't read that in. They were very close in a political way. Tipper Gore was generally nice and pleasant. She initially liked Hillary but soon after the election she had her pegged<br />and no longer liked her or associated with her except for events that were politically obligatory.<br /><br />Al Gore was far more left wing and very hateful, not just politically opposed, to Republicans than Bill Clinton. Al Gore resented Bill Clinton and thought he was to centrist. He despised all Republicans. His hatred was bitter and this was long before he announced for the presidency. <br /><br />This bitter hatred was something that he and Hillary had very much in common. They often said as much, even in the presence of their security<br />detail. Neither of them trusted Bill Clinton and, the secret service opined, neither of them even liked Bill Clinton. Bill Clinton did have some good qualities where Al Gore and Hillary had none in the view of their security details.<br /><br />AL Gore, like Hillary, was very rude and arrogant toward his security detail. He was extremely unappreciative and would not hesitate to scold them in the presence of their peers for minor details over which they had no control. <br />Al Gore also looked down on them in disgust as they finally observed and learned with certainty on one occasion when Al Gore got angry at his offspring and loudly, in their presence, pointed at his security detail and said "do you <br />want to grow up and be like them." Word of this insulting and demeaning verbiage by the format Vice-President quickly spread and he became as <br />despised and disliked by the secret service as Hillary. Most of them prayed that Al Gore would not be elected president and they really did have private small celebrations in a few of their homes after President Bush won. This <br />was not necessarily to celebrate President Bush's election, but to celebrate AL Gore's defeat. He was very disliked. <br /><br />Al Gore was not a good and kind person. That he could have been our President may suggest that God was "answering prayers" and looking out for <br />the country with Al Gore's defeat.<br /><br />What Is:<br /><br />Everyone in the secret service wants to be on First Lady Laura Bush's detail. <br />Without exception they uniformly concede that she is perhaps the most nice, kind, and genuinely good person they have ever had the privilege of serving. Where Hillary patently refused to allow her picture to be taken with her security <br />detail, Laura Bush doesn't even have to be asked,as she often offers. She doesn't just shake their hand and say thank you. Very often she will give a kind hearted hug to members of her detail to express her appreciation. There is nothing false about her. This is her genuine nature. Laura Bush really is this kind of a <br />person and her security detail considers her to be a "breath of fresh air." They actually love her as a human being. They joke that comparing Laura Bush with Hillary Clinton is like comparing Mother Teresa with the Wicked Witch of the North.<br /><br />Likewise, the secret service considers President Bush to be a gem of a man to work for. He always treats them with genuine respect and he always trusts and listens to their expert advice. They especially like the Crawford detail. Every time the president goes to Crawford he has a Bar-B-Q for his security detail and "he" helps serve them. He eats with them, sits with them, and talks with them. He always asks about their family, the names of which he always remembers, and he of course knows each of them by their first name and calls them by their first <br />name as a show of affection. They believe that he actually loves his security detail and that he is deeply and genuinely appreciative of their service. They could not like, love, or respect anyone more than President Bush, and most of them did not know they would feel this way until they had an opportunity to work for him and learn that his manner was genuine and consistent. It has never changed in the three years that he has been president. He always treats them with the utmost <br />respect, kindness, and compassion.<br /><br />It is important for everyday Americans to have a true inside understanding of their President and those who would be president. The secret service still is forming an opinion on John Kerry. They have nothing positive or negative to say that anyone is willing to share as yet. This notwithstanding, they already know what they have in President Bush and they don't want to lose a good thing.

SoulWinner

Commander
Re: WHAT WAS, COULD HAVE BEEN, AND WHAT IS

It has been well documented that Hillary reffered to her security detail as "Trained Pigs," relating back to her general disgust with law enforcement personnel.<br /><br />On of my favorite quotes from hillary was when she had been in the White House for a week or so and remarked,"I saw a maid last night, and I reaized that I was just like her....." YES! It only took her 50 years and a villiage to realize that we are all the same......why is it that the liberals on this board never respond to the lothsome facts regarding their "chosen?"

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Ok soulwinner.<br />I never said that I do not like the Bush family.I got a kick out of their daughters doing what I did.I never did like the personalities of the Clintons.They always struck me as manipulators.<br />Now that does not mean that I like the Bush politics,or dislike the Clinton politics.<br />I believe that everybody should vote the direction that is best for him. Quite frankly,it is of no consequense how personal security feels about our president.What matters is how good he is for the country even if as a person he is a complete pain in the neck.

18rabbit

Captain

Originally posted by SoulWinner:<br />On of my favorite quotes from hillary ..."I saw a maid last night, and I reaized that I was just like her....."
My favorite quote from HilLIARy happened after she and an aide were leaving one of those top-secret meetings (later ruled illegal) to design socialized medicine for America. The aide questioned HilLIARy about one of her points of the health plan not being in the best interest of the people and HilLIARy, not realizing there was a reporter in their company, quipped, “The people don’t matter. What matter’s is getting re-elected in four years.” <br /><br />Oh, those top-secret meetings; the lawsuit to have the Clintons disclose the meeting’s content was won by Larry Klayman of Judicial Watch. The court ordered Judicial Watch’s legal fees re-paid, a cost of about $200,000.00. When told, HilLIARy’s response was “The taxpayers will pick up the tab.” And we did.<br /><br />I believe Klayman is now running for a US Senate seat from Florida. Like Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, Klayman doesn’t align with who is right or wrong, but rather what is right .

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

The president is a figurehead for this country. When his and his wifes arrogance are a way of life, it negatively reflects on this country.<br /><br />I may or may not vote for Bush, but as a man he and his family are light years ahead of Bill and Hillary, no matter how they lie, cover up and rewrite history.<br /><br />How a person conducts themselves with their "co-workers" (subordinates) is a direct reflection of who they are and how they will react when the chips are down.

Link

Rear Admiral

Instresting story efhenry!<br /><br /><br />Hi again rolmops<br />
Quite frankly,it is of no consequense how personal security feels about our president.What matters is how good he is for the country even if as a person he is a complete pain in the neck.<br />
What you said is very true but it sure doesnt hurt to be civil to the people working for you.<br />Esp since they have no chioce but to carry out their duties. But to have a Sitting President and First Lady Dispize the Military and Secret Service so bad that they took it to a personal level on a daily basis in the white house and Air Force 1 is just too low. I have two friends who were on active duty in the mid 90s. One a Marine at the white house and the other a airman? on AF1<br />Dont get them started on the insults and personal disrespect from both Bill & Hillary (off camera ofcourse) In 98 or 99 another friend who works out at McChord AFB was all excited that AF1 was comming in the next day. The next night when I met him at a cafe I could tell he was pumped from across the room. They had parked AF1 in either in or next to the hanger where he worked! So he got a tour of it and got to hang out with the secret service all day. He heard stories that cant be repeated here on the same subject. What he heard last before he left blew him away.. he said that when the President was on the move they refered to him as The White Trash from Ark is in route...<br />Yup Ive known about this since the mid 90s.. Its a wonder someone hasnt printed a book about it.

ob

Admiral

This isn't an important observation by any means ,but just for the record the wicked witch was from the west and her wicked sister was from the east.Glenda the good witch was from the north,and we certainly wouldn't want to confuse her with Hillary.However she waved a mean wand. :D I'm sure we'll all sleep better knowing that little piece of info.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Don't ever vote like that again, America.But my personal concern is now firmly on November.

88spl

Petty Officer 1st Class

Dang......<br />efhenry, to think I voted for oh slick willy.....I'll say one thing, with what I know now, I would have never voted for him. I think thats sorry as hell to treat ur body guards thataway....poor poor poor. Yes, would make for quite an interesting book, Link.

ehenry

Commander

Pointer94, I totally agree with you. Another thing that this shows me is, how these people were raised. President and Mrs. Bush apparently were raised to have and show respect to all they encounter not just their peers. The same can't be said of HilLAIRy and Clinton. If I were to have treated the folks that worked for my family over the years the way the Clintons treated people I would have suffered the wrath of my parents....they would have had to doled their wrath out when my protector Ellie May wasn't around.

PW2

Commander

Don't you guys have something better to do than to continue bashing Hillary?<br /><br />First of all, a secret service agent who talked about his charge would be immediately discharged, so you can bet it didn't come from one of them.<br /><br />So it had to come from someone else, and since it has been something of a cottage industry, with a bunch of people making a bunch of money, to write books making up new and different ways to attack Hillary--whether accurate or not--that at some point in time, one is forced to say "Ok, enough already" <br /><br />It is just plain silly and tiresome.

Carphunter

Commander

Don't you guys have something better to do than to continue bashing Hillary
Well now, thats funny. :D <br /><br />In every one of your posts you bash the President. :confused: ..........Hmmmmmmm, shouldn't we practice what we preach? <br /><br /> :D :D :D ..........sorry, I had to laugh again,.......Dang PW2, you gotta be the funniest person I know. You ever tried stand-up comedy?.................Kinda like your boy Clinton did for 8 years, now that was a stand-up comedy routine. :cool:

PW2

Commander

No, these attacks on Hillary are all personal, and virtually never on her policies.<br /><br />My complaints about Bush are not personal at all, but based solely on his specific policies.<br /><br />I'm sure he is a nice guy. I don't particularly care whether he is or not. What I do care about are the policies he implements, and how they specifically affect me and my country.<br /><br />There is a VAST difference in the two.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by PW2:<br /> No, these attacks on Hillary are all personal, and virtually never on her policies.
Wrong PW!!!! For starters how about her arrogant, secretive, bankrupting NATIONAL HEALTH CARE scheme.

ebbtide176

Commander

pw2 - you're a piece of work. you previously posted personal comments on GWB, concerning his national guard service in another forum, which had nothing to do with his specific policies. remember long long ago when i posted how you can be backed up to the wall, proven wrong, and never will you admit it.<br /><br />if you did, you'd hide it within some other flame you feel compelled to hurl. <br /><br />why even dwell on the candidates military service? probably because its the strongest point you have. i wonder how much concern you had on clinton's record. <br /><br />BTW, i seem to recall you were proud to have been a draft dodger, i'm surprised you even consider military service in the evaluation of a politician...<br /><br />peace & love right?<br /><br />
I'm sure he is a nice guy. I don't particularly care whether he is or not. What I do care about are the policies he implements, and how they specifically affect me and my country
i do care about that quality in a leader. it means alot to me, and i hope lots of other people.

PW2

Commander

Her health plan??? Arrogant, secretive, bankrupting??? I take it you did not like it.<br />That is a value judgement.<br />It was concieved as a similar plan to Canada's, and it certainly has not bankrupted Canada. And Canada's is certainly not a secret, nor is it percieved by Canadians as arrogant.<br /><br />You could argue that she overshot it some, that some sort of less ambitious goal should have been strived for--but it is a national disgrace, IMO, that a country as rich as this one has 44 million people with no health insurance whatsoever. It is the only G-7 country where that is even remotely the case. <br /><br />But back to the original point--any leader who has any ideas is bound to have people out there that don't like those ideas. I have no problem with that. But this thread was all about how she supposedly "mistreated" her secret service detail, and how that somehow makes her a terrible person. Frankly they would not have found this out from any secret service agents, as they would be fired for such remarks, even if they were true.<br /><br />The source of this information, if that is what it is, must be from one of her many personal enemies. As such it is pretty much worthless in any sort of intelligent debate.<br /><br />As far as Bush's military service, it was argued by some that somehow in the Viet Nam era, National guard service was not considered a way to fulfil the draft requirement while avoiding combat duty in Viet Nam. As a draft age person of the same era, this was well known about National Guard service--that there was an extensive waiting list for this, and to get in you better have some pretty good connections.<br />You can dispute that all you want, but it is true.<br /><br />And no I don't particularly hold that against Bush--given the same circumstances and connections he had I would have done the same thing. <br /><br />And I don't recall ever being "proven" wrong on any substantive issue. I was completely correct about the Iraq war, from before the beginning of the war, and accurately predicted the mess we would be in today.<br />My assertion that the reasons for the war were different from the stated reasons has been validated by Clarke, O'Neil, and Woodward's books, to name just a few.<br />And an administration that would get us into war under false pretenses, that would "out" a CIA agent in retribution for her ambassador husband's public criticism of their policies, etc. etc. are qualities that I do care about in a leader and an administration.

18rabbit

Captain

Originally posted by PW2:<br />[QB] Her health plan??? Arrogant, secretive, bankrupting??? I take it you did not like it. [QB]
Once we found out what it was all about, no one liked it. That's why it went away and never came back.<br /><br />What Clinton did was to put his wife, HilLIARy in charge of a task force with the agenda of defining socialized medicine for America, or in other words, creating the single greatest dependency on the government as was possible for everyone except the richest of the rich. She would have been exempted from it. Socialized medicine has been a dismal failure everywhere in the world. Of the 200+ countries, only 3 still have it, 2 are socialist regimes that can’t admit failure, the other is North Korea.<br /><br />HilLIARy’s meetings were held in secret . Ours is an open government, except for security* issues and personnel issues (contract negotiations, etc). The idea is that if the “people” can watch and participate in their government, it will remain a government of the people. Some people disagree, but nonetheless, we are an “open” government...or were until the Homeland Security Act.<br /><br />The socializing committee hand selected by HilLIARy was comprised entirely of either major DNC campaign donors or pharmaceutical companies. They all stood to make $billions from HilLIARy’s scheme…and coincidentally, those same parametrical companies contributed $millions to the DNC’s post election fund to payoff soft-money campaign debts. HilLIARy’s task force was pure corruption.<br /><br />Larry Klayman was so pissed off at the secret nature of the meetings, he sued and won. See my earlier post, this thread. By the time the Clintons were raping Air Force One, Klayman had over 105 lawsuits files against their corrupt regime. Most he won, a couple he lost, some still pending.<br /><br />The court ruled HilLIARy’s committee was illegal. The closed, secret meetings were illegal. The secret committee member list was illegal. Everything had to be made public. As usual, HilLIARy stalled for months on releasing the documents, dribbling them out, thus reducing the total impact of just how corrupt her socialized medicine scheme was. Eventually all the documents were released and that is the only way we know what is written above is fact.<br /><br />Klayman hates government corruption. Bush is/was not spared. Significant lawsuits are now pending against him as well. However, Klayman set his sights on a Senate seat and abandoned Judicial Watch, the organization named as plaintiff on all the law suits. Klayman can’t really be suing the snot out of his corrupt President while campaigning for a Senate seat without raising wondering eyebrows. If he wins, Klayman will expose corruption from within while Judical Watch continues their work of using the courts to go after the corruption from without.<br /><br />*Note: the claim of “security” is now being used to circumvent due process under this Homeland Security Act nonsense. However, the H.S.A. is nothing compared to the new Act written by Bush and quietly making it’s way through Congress. Already adopted on one side, it is now being debated on the other, and you aren’t hearing a single word about it in the press. Not one!

rolmops

Vice Admiral

18rabbit,the way you repeat and uppercase certain words is eerily reminiscent of communist propaganda in Europe during the sixties.It was all based on Ho Chi mins statement that when you repeat a lie often enough, people will start believing it.<br />That could not be you now,or what?

18rabbit

Captain

Originally posted by rolmops:<br /> 18rabbit,the way you repeat and uppercase certain words is eerily reminiscent of communist propaganda in Europe during the sixties.
Two things:<br /><br />1- the play on HilLIARy’s name is based on her dishonest response (thus, one known as a liar) to the spelling of her name. Very early in the Clinton regime she was asked about the double “L” used in its spelling. Women so named usually spell their name with a single “L”, Hilary. HilLIARy proudly stated she was named after Sir Edmund Hillary in recognition of his mountaineering accomplishment of reaching the summit of Mt Everest in 1953. Every attempt to reach the summit had failed prior to the New Zealander’s attempt. Obviously, he became very famous as a result of his 1953 success. HilLIARy was named when she was born in 1947, six years before anyone ever heard of Edmund Hillary. Hence, the “liar” in HilLIARy, that we should never forget. :eek: <br /><br />2- there is a sub-culture of politically identifying naming-vernacular that I enjoy. Two of my favorites from the Klin-Tong regime are: George Step-In-Awful-Stuff (a.k.a. George Stephanopoulos); and the mistaken cleaning lady, Mad-Woman Half-Bright (a.k.a. Madalin Albright). Fwiw, I sometimes refer to Bush as Bubba-Dubba in this forum because he sometimes appears as a Bubba-Dubba, ... like just about anytime he talks. :D <br /><br />Btw, the Toe-Sucker* now thinks your junior Senator, HilLIARy, will surface as V.P. nominee for Skerry’s bid for the Whitehouse.<br /><br />*Toe-Sucker is a reference to D!ck Morris, ex-long time friend and advisor of the Clintons, now a very reputable political analyst. During the Clinton regime, Morris was arrested for his activities with a woman of ill repute. At the time of his arrest Morris was sucking on her toes. :p <br /><br />About the “eerily reminiscent of communist propaganda in Europe during the sixties” and even the European fascist propaganda in the 30’s and 40’s … we can discuss them, but not here. You will need to start another thread. Today’s greatest source of that propaganda resides shared, somewhere between Al Jazeera and Israel’s national news sources (hint: there is a reason why those Islaeli news agancies don't get quoted). On second thought, maybe you don’t want to start that thread. ;)