FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I currently have 21p's on my twin Mercury 200's (they came with the motors) however I only get around 2100 RPM's at full throttle under load and boat will NOT get on plane. Are props too big? Any suggestions? Boat is 2320 Robalo. Thanks
Re: What size prop should I be using on a Mercury 200 2 stroke?
I would think that 400 hp would produce planing speeds on a 23 ft boat.
In fact I think it would plane on one motor.
We need the info requested in "read this first" at the top of the forum.
I would try one motor at a time.I wonder if some component that affects both motors
is defective or set wrong.