What model is my Starcraft

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: What model is my Starcraft

Nah, It adds spice to "What year is my xxxxx?" discussions. We are well documented. :)

Doc Johnson

Cadet

Well I took a good hard look and my old lady, she is all glass (class) ha ha. So might be a little younger then thought. Also the Merc is a 100 hp. Seems like it may be alot for this size boat but I'm new to this and have not a clue. Only what I read on this great iboats. And the great wealth of knowledge that is shared. I have some work to do before she hits the water. Motor runs good in a tank. Thanks again for everyone's help Doc

GA_Boater

Your serial # and 100 hp comes up as a 1969. So lots of help. :blue:

Doc Johnson

Cadet

Thanks, Does that mean it may be a 1969 Del Ray ? Or Merc added later ?

GA_Boater

Thanks, Does that mean it may be a 1969 Del Ray ? Or Merc added later ?

There is a '69 Bahama, all glass - the pics JB posted earlier. But the bow doesn't have your hump, which NB said was only used in 63 & 64. Here is my guess - The boat is earlier than the motor and it got titled as a 69 based on the motor. I know that happens on older motorcycles and the motor S/N is used for titling. Things like that happen when an older vehicle doesn't have a HIN (boat) or VIN (bike) the matches HIN/VIN format. The good thing is you have a legal title do you're OK from a legal stand point.

What are the first three letters or numbers of the HIN or serial number on the boat title?

Blacksting

Petty Officer 1st Class

I tried finding out the year of my V140 Modified by checking broschoures and matching up things like , rear cleats , bench seat , etc. . But the other day I found the original tach. and it said 1970 on the back . So i'm going with '70 till proven wrong . Good luck with your search .

North Beach

Commander

I'm gonna stick with the 64 and wait for some additional pics....

jbcurt00

Staff member

Your windshield is NOT the same bubble wrap around style as Doc's:
attachment.php

Your's:
DSCF0018.jpg

jbcurt00

Staff member

It looks just like my 1970 Falcon. Windshield and all.

The Falcon was aluminum, Doc's is fiberglass:
attachment.php

attachment.php

The windshield for a Falcon should have the scalloped sides. From the 1970 SC brochure:
3974936703_8678db76bd_o.jpg

How about a couple more pics? We need the length and a couple shots of the top, interior, etc. Cant really id a boat from the windshield and the motor.

North Beach is pretty much THE Starcraft ID guru. If he thinks it's a 1964, it probably IS a 1964:
attachment.php

OK Doc the best I can tell is you have a 64 Del Ray. The measurements are real close and they only made that bow topside/top of the dash mold for two years-63 and 64. I don't have a 63 brochure and the one on our brochures page is horrible so I cant make out the names of the boats. Hope this helps!!!

BTW these boats were the Starcraft hybrids-Fiberglass hulls with Aluminum gunwales. Let me know if this is the case on your boat and if so then we have a match! Also 1965 was the last year for the wrap around windshields.......

In the end, it's only important that the title & paperwork are in order, no matter how the boat is 'labelled' and that as far as the issuing agency is concerned, your boat IS the boat listed on the paperwork.

An SC is a good rig glass or tin, 1964 or 1970, and as long as it floats & gets you & yours where you want to go, safely, then its all good!

Enjoy.

BTW: Did you mention if you were currently able to use the boat as it sits now? It's water-ready?

If so, please post some pix of it floating & motoring on your favorite waterway :watermelon:

jbcurt00

Staff member

Similar but VERY different Falcon vs Del Ray, definitely a different windshield.

Doc Johnson

Cadet

Hey Guys, No time to work on my project so far this year. Lots of "LIFE" going on. Thanks for all your help so far, and I still intend to get her in water ( at least to see if she still floats ) before winter. Will post photos. Thanks again,Doc: