What model and where ya from?

John880

Cadet
Re: What model and where ya from?

Four Winns 2007 Vista 278 Perth, Western Australia.

boat.jpg

Last edited:

pfilias

Recruit

Just picked up my first boat, a 2004 Four Winns 180 Freedom.

We're super excited about this and can't wait to put it in the water this weekend.

Here's a picture of it from when I went to take it out on the water as a test before I bought it.

IMG_0790.JPG

It's got the Volva Penta 4.3GL.

I'm from Metro Detroit, and will be taking it on Lake St. Clair as well as local inland lakes like Cass Lake, Orchard Lake, Lake Orion, and even Lakeville Lake.

insanity

Petty Officer 1st Class

Welcome to four winns and welcome to Iboats!

4Winns2

Petty Officer 1st Class

Welcome to the Four Winns family. At 18ft with a 4.3 in it you should tool along at close to 50mph- -if speed is your thing.

chadelliott

Seaman Apprentice

Four Winns 2007 Vista 278 Perth, Western Australia.

boat.jpg

Beautiful Boat, the Mrs. and I are looking at Fourwinns that size when all the kids are gone they're on there own.
But we have a ways to go til that happens!

Last edited:

mike-the-cobra

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Just picked up my first boat, a 2004 Four Winns 180 Freedom.

We're super excited about this and can't wait to put it in the water this weekend.

Here's a picture of it from when I went to take it out on the water as a test before I bought it.

IMG_0790.JPG

It's got the Volva Penta 4.3GL.

I'm from Metro Detroit, and will be taking it on Lake St. Clair as well as local inland lakes like Cass Lake, Orchard Lake, Lake Orion, and even Lakeville Lake.

Well I'm from Metro Detroit also, I have a 1992 Freedom 180 3.0L. Have you taken you's out on Lake St. Clair yet? I have always thought mine was too small to hndle the maddness out there. I have gone to Orchard lake, and I go alot to Ortonville rec area (very small lake we tube at).

Mark190

Recruit

1996 horizon 190 deluxe with 5.0L single prop. I'm in Vancouver, washington Spend time on Columbia river, willamette river, Lake Merwin, Swift and Yale reservoirs.

Markus

KJF

Recruit

We recently bought a 2000 Four Winns Horizon 230, and just returned from our first trip to Lake Powell (southern Utah) with it. The boat has a 7.4 liter Volvo with a duoprop, and only had 160 hours on it. We couldn't be happier.

We live in the Salt Lake City, Utah area.

994971325_KYHjA-L.jpg

KJF

Joshua Nichols

Lieutenant

1987 Four Winns 170 Horizon.. 4.3l OMC cobra. Runs like a little champ, Still in great shape and has no payment.. Got it for $1000 and have had way more than a $1000 dollars worth of fun with it. Looked it up and was the boat of the year in 1987 for under $15,000.. She isn't the newest kid on the block, but fun and affordable... We hale from Deer Park, Texas and splash at Lake Houston most of the time...
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2599.jpg
    2599.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 0
  • beagel in the boat.jpg
    beagel in the boat.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

4Winns2

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hmm, I thought I had posted my pics on this thread, guess not. Here they are with detail in my sig below:

100_1524.jpg

100_1095-1.jpg

DSCF0210.jpg

DSCF0193.jpg

DSCF0088.jpg

100_1197.jpg

Lindeman23

Seaman

Hello, I have a 1997 Four Winns Sundowner 205 w/ 5.7 VP DUO. I live in Northern KY (about 5 min from Cincinnati). I usually boat on the river but do make trips down to Lake Norris TN and Cave Run in KY.

4Winns2

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hello, I have a 1997 Four Winns Sundowner 205 w/ 5.7 VP DUO. I live in Northern KY (about 5 min from Cincinnati). I usually boat on the river but do make trips down to Lake Norris TN and Cave Run in KY.

Pretty boat. I see your a cuddy man (that sound wierd?). Love to see some pics of the cuddy.

Lindeman23

Seaman

This is the only picture I have of the the Cuddy. I never really wanted a Cuddy at all. My old boat was a 1996 170 Horizon but it just wasn't big enough. It sat way to low in the water for me to feel safe taking it out on the Ohio river. (Has some really big boats w/ huge wakes).

At the beginning of the summer I thought that I would sell the 170 for something much bigger. I originally wanted the smallest V8 the 5.0 VP in a 19-21 ft Four Winns. After spending 2 months looking for a boat in my price range I found mine the 205 Sundowner. It was the right color, brand, and size. The only thing I didn't like about it was it had the bigger and it was the Cuddy. After talking to many different people about the DUO props I was convinced. I sold my 170 on Friday and drove 4 hours south to look at the 205 Sundowner. I knew it the moment I saw it I was going to buy it. The interior/exterior is perfect. Had 2 covers, camper top, and FW matching trailer. I've only slept on the boat about 3 times this year and it is mostly nice to get our of the rain, storage, and to change clothes in. But overall the boat is so much bigger I really like it. It handles the waves on the river much more smoothly. Even though the bow is closed in I still have more room than the all of my old 170. I'm really happy with it other than the difference in gas from the 4.3 liter VP to the 5.7 liter VP.

4Winns2

Petty Officer 1st Class

This is the only picture I have of the the Cuddy. I never really wanted a Cuddy at all. My old boat was a 1996 170 Horizon but it just wasn't big enough. It sat way to low in the water for me to feel safe taking it out on the Ohio river. (Has some really big boats w/ huge wakes).

At the beginning of the summer I thought that I would sell the 170 for something much bigger. I originally wanted the smallest V8 the 5.0 VP in a 19-21 ft Four Winns. After spending 2 months looking for a boat in my price range I found mine the 205 Sundowner. It was the right color, brand, and size. The only thing I didn't like about it was it had the bigger and it was the Cuddy. After talking to many different people about the DUO props I was convinced. I sold my 170 on Friday and drove 4 hours south to look at the 205 Sundowner. I knew it the moment I saw it I was going to buy it. The interior/exterior is perfect. Had 2 covers, camper top, and FW matching trailer. I've only slept on the boat about 3 times this year and it is mostly nice to get our of the rain, storage, and to change clothes in. But overall the boat is so much bigger I really like it. It handles the waves on the river much more smoothly. Even though the bow is closed in I still have more room than the all of my old 170. I'm really happy with it other than the difference in gas from the 4.3 liter VP to the 5.7 liter VP.

I am, without doubt, a cuddy lover. I sleep on mine twice a week; it rocks me to sleep (or is that the beer?). I'm lucky because my parents have a summer home where she is moored. I could easily go up there and sleep, but I do that at home. It's camping out in style; it's waking up and walking out to the stern for the sunrise; it's the sound of lapping against the hall and it's just plain fun.

My father has a bowrider and I used that for a lot of years. They're fun but I did that gig and sleeping out is a ball.

Like your old boat too. You took good care of her. All this talk about boating at 4:00 PM on a Friday means I better get to the lake. Missed today being in the upper 80s and tomorrow we return to central New York weather in the upper 60s. It's better than snow.

penske

Cadet

Hi everybody. I have a 1998 Four Winns 4.3 gl 18.6 Horizon RS. Bought it last year for $9975.00. Had 135 hrs on the motor and now 160 hrs. We boat in Lake Norman NC. Awesome boat. My son in-law works for Penske Racing and does all the work on it himself using shop manuals we found on-line courtesy of Don Mello who is an expert on boats and responds to many of the questions on this sight.

Enjoy your boats all you Four Winn people.

Lindeman23

Seaman

Hi everybody. I have a 1998 Four Winns 4.3 gl 18.6 Horizon RS. Bought it last year for $9975.00. Had 135 hrs on the motor and now 160 hrs. We boat in Lake Norman NC. Awesome boat. My son in-law works for Penske Racing and does all the work on it himself using shop manuals we found on-line courtesy of Don Mello who is an expert on boats and responds to many of the questions on this sight.

Enjoy your boats all you Four Winn people.

Lake Norman is a beautiful lake. I'll be spending a week down there in May next year. I cannot wait. I'm just not looking forward to the 8 hours drive with the FW in tow.

wetroads

Recruit

Hello I am new to the forum. We own a 1992 Four Winns 285 Cruiser. Currently under repair at my shop. This boat will be stored in a wet slip at Kowligia Marina, Lake Martin Alabama. Looking forward to getting to know some of yall!

KRon

Recruit

New to the forum and to owning a boat. Just bought a 1989 Four Winns Freedom 160, OMC Cobra 130hp. Anxiously awaiting spring to get her out on the water!

CC245

Petty Officer 2nd Class

This new section is very cool! I have a 08 H220 Frenzy. Hitting as many lakes in upstate NY as possible. Here are some pics.

Attachments

• 91110-22.jpg
    91110-22.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 91110-19.jpg
    91110-19.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 0
  • 91110-7.jpg
    91110-7.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 91110-6.jpg
    91110-6.jpg