FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I'm reworking my boat and I'm not sure of what type of wire I need to use. I'm gonna have a fish finder, nav lights and the livewell pump. It's all going to be ran to my fuse panel. Any suggestions on gauges and type?
16g. The items you list have a very small amp draw so 16g will be overkill but it holds up better to vibration then thinner wire which has been know to break
When I rewired mine last year I ordered a 250 foot spool of red and black twin wire in 14 gage in a marine grade, 14 gage will be more than enough to carrie most any load except a few special things.
glad you started this thread, Im in the same boat so to say! Going to have nav lights, interior lights, 2 bilge pumps, stereo, marine radio, depthfinder on mine.