What is YOUR "Perceived" view on the Death Penalty

spratt

Lieutenant
Re: What is YOUR "Perceived" view on the Death Penalty

Originally posted by Link:<br /> spratt<br />I think you read pointers post <br />"The greatest troll ever. Contest!" and are trying to get nominated ;) <br />[/b]
Link, if that one had been written BEFORE this thread was posted, perhaps you may have been right...howeveer, I posted first, and I reckon I am a little bit naiive. I thought, that when I started out posting here, people were really posting because they wanted to talk about what they truly believe in. I have learned since, that that is likely not true. Being cast as a "troll" doesn't bother me, and before I joined this board, I had never heard that term in my life; the only trolls I knew of were in fishing, and the one that tried to get the Billy Goat Gruff...I have never been a member of a board like this in my life, never been involved in chat rooms, nor IM's much...I don't even have an ICQ account!! Email, and this forum, are the limit of my online posting...I have learned some awful truths about people since joining here, and I truly think I am going to be cancelling my account very soon. I enjoy talking, having the freedom to express my views and beliefs, and though I know it may inflame some, that doesn't bother me either. I truly believe that I am living my life, as best of my ability, the way God wants me to. Living this way is not a Sunday School thing, it is completely my life, all the way, and I cannot conceive living any other way. I lie not, I steal not, I do not mistreat others, I have more friends than I can count, and contrary to some thoughts, I do not try to force "religion" down others craws....and the only reason I post so indelicately here is because I truly thought folks here wanted to honestly know what folks feelings are about things. I am not trying to change y'all's faith, but if someone wanted to discuss it personally, nothing makes me happier than to tell someone about my God, and what He did for me, when He saved me, and to be able to tell others that they can also be saved. I think most people here want to talk about their fishing trip, their pictures, thier "shallow" things and do not want to even face the thought that a God is alive whom they will have to face some day. And it sounds like that many who do believe, they seem to think that God is just a "good ol' boy" who will overlook some sins and let folks just slide on into heaven, even if by the skin of their teeth...not so!!!<br /><br />Nah, after a new thought, I see that Woodrat and Willy face their ridicule day after day, and do not run away...how could I ever face them in person, and be the witness I want to be in front of them for God, if I were to tuck tail and run because folks wanted to label me a "troll"...I suppose the best thing I can do is to uphold my new title to teh best of my ability...<br /><br />Link, please don't feeel I am aiming at ya, this was just a good place to post this...perhaps it should have been over in the "theriver" thread since that is where I am being flamed most for being a troll!!

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
Re: What is YOUR "Perceived" view on the Death Penalty

I am for the DP but I am not for the way it is applied. Scott Peterson, has a 99.99% chance of being guilty. But that is not enough for me to put him to death. Jeffery Dahmer had a 100% chance of being guilty of the crimes he was charged with. Fry him.<br /><br />As far as it being moral, it probably isn't. In order for it to be moral it has to be applied equally to all men. It isn't. If Scott Peterson had committed his crime in WI he could not be put to death.<br /><br />Tough question but I would use is far less often and impose sentance far quicker on those who are convicted under the 100% standard. Just an opinion, nothing more.