What is with women and diamonds?

f_inscreenname

Commander
I just saw another commercial “I see her stare at it for hours” as it was the greatest thing on earth.<br />First let me say that my wife is very happy with the stone she got a few years back but she can not explain to me what's up. How can someone look at a small rock and say I would rather have that instead of say that house or car or what ever. I have seen the blue diamond in the Smithsonian Museum. Say you could have it, a stone that fits in your hand or you could have this 20 sq mile island with all the modern conveniences. I would take the island. A lot of women I know would probably (I think more would then not) take the stone. <br />What gives? I have a whole driveway full of pretty rocks. The whole planet is made of rock. What make this stone take very rational females and make them do very irrational things. Like newlyweds being in dept for a ring when they will have enough problems just making it.

teamstromer

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: What is with women and diamonds?

i guess a nice, beautiful diamond ring is something a woman cherishes. i know that i am cherishing and beaming over the 04 alumacraft 175 cs with the 04 merc 90hp, my wife got me for my birthday. our anniversary is in dec and i know i am getting her a bigger diamond, she deserves it and has waited 20 years for it. :D

gaugeguy

Captain

Why is it that a woman's best friend is a diamond and a man's best friend is a dog :confused:

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

If this is the only thing that confuses you about women you are so far ahead of the game it scares me.. :cool:

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by POINTER94:<br /> If this is the only thing that confuses you about women you are so far ahead of the game is scares me.. :cool:
That is just one thing on a looooonnnnngggg list Pointer :D

Link

Rear Admiral

Guess I got lucky. Mrs.Link likes purple. Them rocks be cheaper! :D :D :D <br /><br />LOL GG that says a lot! ;)

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

An observation from Ron White about the DeBeers advertising campaign:<br /><br />3 years ago:<br />"Diamonds are forever"<br /><br />2 years ago:<br />"Diamonds: Take her breath away"<br /><br />Last Year:<br />"Diamonds will leave her speechless"<br /><br />Why don't they just say it?<br />"Diamonds: That'll shut her up!"

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Isnt it amazing that anyone could get rich just by digging and finding some special rock.<br /><br />Biggest scam in the history of the world.<br /><br />Ken

LadyFish

Admiral

I would most certainly take the island anyday.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Diamonds are some women's trophys, FSN.<br /><br />The Hope diamond is sort of the heavyweight championship and the Lombardi trophy combined.<br /><br />They wonder what we see in a 427 Cobra or a Purdey over-under. Stuff that is REAL valuable. :D

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

JB, are you saying that men and women don't think the same????.... No, it can't be that. :confused:

f_inscreenname

Commander

Women like houses, clothes, shoes and a lot of other stuff but again a shinny stone and a woman will give up all three for it. I know we (men) like what we like but women like stuff too just not as much as a diamond (a shiny stone). Hummmmm.....

one more cast

Captain

Its not as much the stone as the fact the YOU gave them the stone. A piece of rock that says you love them enough to spend gobs of money on something that is just for them.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

I heard a commercial on the radio today, something about "how we picked out my wedding ring at whoever's store"<womans voice> :rolleyes: ...<br /><br />Check me if i'm wrong here fellers, but is'nt it the soon to be husbands job to choose a ring for his wife to be??? :confused: Now the wife gets to choose??? :confused: <br /><br />What??? The ring I got out of the vending machine at the grocery store won't do??? :D Sheeeeeesh!<br /><br />Women!! :p

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Hmm! Island or rock? I'll take the island anyday!<br /> Maybe there's a diamond mine on that island. :eek: <br />Some women,like me, aren't into all that glitter unless it catches big fish.<br />Bassy

KaGee

Admiral

I just installed the "DIAMONDS 3.1" software to take care of all future requirements. :D

sangerwaker

Commander

KaGee, they don't tell you that software WILL require upgrades, and they ain't cheap either!

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander

Women like useless, expensive things. For example, John Kerry's wife [wives].

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Ditto to JB. Women like diamonds like most non-girlie men like GUNS. In both case you can never seem to have enought of them.

Twidget

Commander

Hmmm, maybe there is something to this. Step bro had a beautiful wife and swore she never wanted a diamnod or any 'of those traipsings'<br /><br />Wife is now EX wife and has a VERY large jewelry collection.