What is with women and diamonds?

KaGee

Admiral
Re: What is with women and diamonds?

Originally posted by sangerwaker:<br /> KaGee, they don't tell you that software WILL require upgrades, and they ain't cheap either!
Upgrades? We don't need no stinking upgrades! LOL :D <br /><br />Oh how true Sanger.

jamesgreen

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I am glad I'm not the only one who doesn't understand the diamond thing. My wife loves them. Good thing my jewler is my friend and I can get a pretty good deal from him.

Stumpys

Petty Officer 1st Class

Been married for 24 years now, and not once has my wife even cared for a diamond, even though she has a couple. Now a gun to kill a deer with is priceless to her. Oh yeah... alot cheaper to take her hunting too!

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

Just a thought about the DeBeers advertising campaigns:<br /><br />If you tell a lie often enough, it becomes the truth! When there is a commercial break on the boobtoob, we mute it about 90% of the time. That probably accounts for our not making very many impulse purchases.<br /><br />If everyone were to practice this, most of the advertising for frivolous crap would dry up & blow away.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by f_inscreenname:<br /> What make this stone take very rational females and ...
??? confused already. Rational females???? What are those?

wilkin250r

Chief Petty Officer

No, it is NOT like adoring a brand new boat. If I have a 22ft cruiser, I am happy with it. I don't need another 18ft cruiser, and a 20ft pontoon, and a 14f and 12 ft aluminum, plus various canoes and inflatables. I also don't need to get a 30ft cruiser a few years later.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Of all the things I have given my better half, ranging from diamonds to a kayak to fixing her car out of my pocket to all sorts of things, the thing that stands out most in her mind was when I crawled under her house to make sure her cat wasn't trapped underneath when we were first dating. Real women appreciate the things you do for them, they don't place needless attachment on material things, but they still deserve something that is just for them. I have never given women anything that I could or would use. OMC was spot on, you should always give a woman something you can not or ever will want to use. I shake my head at men who give their women tools or video games or whatever. And how about those truely unenlightened men who give their woman house hold items like vacuums. The best though, is giving them health club memberships. Guaranteed no sex for three weeks or your money back...

rolmops

Vice Admiral

A diamond is a stone that gets women into trouble and men out of it.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by f_inscreenname:<br /> Say you could have it, a stone that fits in your hand or you could have this 20 sq mile island with all the modern conveniences.
It's not the stone, it's the sacrifice you made to get it for her.<br /><br />Is it true that DeBeers controls 100% of the worldwide diamond wholesale trade?

f_inscreenname

Commander

“It's not the stone, it's the sacrifice you made to get it for her.”<br /> I am cool with that but if someone sacrificed for me I still wouldn't want a rock. I don't know about you all but a good piece of cut glass looks almost as good and a lot cheaper. I think it just comes down a status thing. The bigger the stone the higher up the food chain. I think it is like tennis shoes for teenagers. Why dose a kid that sits on the couch all day need a high priced specialty basketball shoe? Status! Boy I am a lucky man. The ex was the type that would rather have a rock then food. The new wife has priorities. Not that she doesn't like diamonds ( we have to look at them all when we go to Costco) but I think, strike that, I know she would rather have a bigger house or savings account then the biggest stone on the block. The only problem with a woman like that is it really hard for me to justify a frivolous buy and with boats they are all frivolous buys.

Homerr

Commander

I never could figure out why Women like jewelry so much, especially diamonds... It's a rock as far as I see it.<br /><br />I don't wear jewelry of any sort. Never have. Don't like the feel.<br />The Wife is the same way. Jewelry and her don't get along. ( I got lucky on that point) ;) <br /><br />Then there's my daughter... poor kid is allergic to everything. Pure gold included. Any kind of jewelry will give her skin a reaction.<br /><br />Then there's man... a man will cherish that holey pair of jeans or socks until the day he dies... Go figure... :D <br /><br />Hmmm...<br /><br />H.