What is this?

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant
Hey Carpy......any guesses? ;) <br />Looks heavy, whatever it is. Hard to believe he's standing there holding it, unless it's pumped up with air.<br />
25..0.rad8EFF2.lg.jpg

ehenry

Commander
Re: What is this?

looks like some sort or grass carp to me

sangerwaker

Commander

Holy Carp! Errrr or sumpin like that :D :D <br /><br />What was the weight of that thing?

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

He don't appear to be very strained by the weight; looks like he's holding it up with just his fingertips. fish that size must weigh 250 pounds. it's got a nice coat of varnish, though. :)

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Or a caviar factory from Russia. Looks like it's got a shipment in it too. BTW, I hate eating fish eggs.

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

Try cookin' em 12footer, not so bad that way...Chief :)

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

scrambled? sunny side up? hard-boiled?

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

It's doctored.....stare at the guys shirt then at the fish. You can tell the fish was pasted over his body. That and the fact the background is totally black kinda gives it away.

dogsdad

Lieutenant

I think I see that too. Looks like the fish is nearer to the camera lense by several feet, or something...just doesn't look right.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

It has to be fake. The camera flash is reflecting off the fish but not the mans cheek. Dang overgrown gold fish. I agree that the guy should be straining to hold a fish of that weight out in front of him.<br /><br />Gotta admitt it looked impressive until I started looking more closely at it.

Andrew Leigh

Chief Petty Officer

The picture is doctored but the fish is identical to what we call a King Carp. We get a Leather Carp (limited scales), a Mirror Carp (big scales) and the King Carp (fully scaled with smaller scales).<br /><br /><br />Another pic of a more realistic size <br /><br />Cheers

NYMINUTE

Captain

Looks like this girl I knew in school, errrr Must be steroids.

Carphunter

Commander

It looks like a doctored pictured of a common carp. <br />Would look better with one of my fiberglas arrows stickin out of it. ;)

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by Carphunter:<br />Would look better with one of my fiberglas arrows stickin out of it. ;)
what's up, your little girly arms can't pull back a bow with enough gumption to drive an arrow through that little fish :p

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

Doctored photo??? This guys head is floating above the fish. Plus the black background someone eluded to earlier.. Is it real or is it Memorex?<br /><br />
sm66.jpg

Xcusme

Commander

Actually, if you open the above pic in a photo editing program and play with the contrast and brightness, you'll see the outline of his chest and shoulders......