What is this piece under the trim lines?

pyrotek

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Can someone identify what this piece is underneath the outer transom plate? It is directly under a coupler where the trim cylinder hoses run into. I want to take it off to gain more access to a small fiberglass repair I am doing. I remove the two bolts and it appears there are two wires going up. Therefore I dont want to pry it off until I know what it is and how its supposed to be removed.

Thanks

IMG_0667_small.jpg

Last edited:

alldodge

Staff member
Re: What is this piece under the trim lines?

Can someone identify what this piece is underneath the outer transom plate? It is directly under a coupler where the trim cylinder hoses run into. I want to take it off to gain more access to a small fiberglass repair I am doing. I remove the two bolts and it appears there are two wires going up. Therefore I dont want to pry it off until I know what it is and how its supposed to be removed.

Thanks

View attachment 216655

That would be the anode for the Mercathode system. If we had a serial number or a year of the boat we might come up with design and part numbers.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

The manifold for the trim cylinder lines. The anode is off already.

pyrotek

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Transom serial number is 0K137180. This is a 97 Bravo 1. The parts assembly shows the manifold where the hydraulic lines thread into. But I don't see this plastic cover on the drawings. Can I just pry the black cover off the manifold? There are no wires in there? I took two bolts off already.

What's with the weird looking fins on the back towards the fiberglass? Kind of a strange design for just a cover.

Thanks