What is the most useless invention you have ever used?

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Did any of you ever use one of those "pocket Fishermen" fishing rigs? I had one under the seat of my truck for years, transfered it from the old truck to the new one, and never took it out of the blister pack...Well, I had to wait for somebody, and decided to kill some time on the bank of a nearby body of water. I tried to use that thing, and allmost hooked myself twice.<br />I had a hit, but by the time I got the rod to cooperate, he took my best FW lure!<br />Has anyone ever caught anything with one of those?<br />How about stupid inventions you have a pet-peve with?<br />Like low-flow toilets...There's a real prize!

Trent

Captain
Re: What is the most useless invention you have ever used?

Bored 12Footer? Never caught anything on the pocket fisherman either. Wonder where I put it? File 13 I think?? :)

LadyFish

Admiral

An epilady. OUCH!!! :eek:

sloopy

Commander

ouch 12footer...

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br />An epilady. OUCH!!! :eek:
OMG. I bought one of them for my 1st wife back in the late 80's. I have never heard so much screaming in my life :D She tried it on my arm hair and I couldn't believe the pain. Couldn't imagine using it on legs or anywhere else. That was a waste of 75 bucks. They probably found a bunch of those in Saddam's torture chambers :D

tylerin

Commander

I bought one of them for my 1st wife back in the late 80's
Gaugeguy? your first wife's back :confused: You done yourself a favor when you got rid of her :D

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by tylerin:<br />
I bought one of them for my 1st wife back in the late 80's
Gaugeguy? your first wife's back :confused: You done yourself a favor when you got rid of her :D
Gooney Goo-Goo :D

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Don't know, but way back in the late 60's, people laughed at me when I would go catfishn with a "lighted" bobber.<br /><br />Yep, my dad made one for me to use, had a aa battery and a bulb from a flashlight taped onto the side of my 10" catfish floater.<br /><br />Few years later they came out with one.<br /><br />Also, still have one of the first ever attachments that you use to keep the valves closed when doing a valve guide seal job on car engines.<br />No longer needed to remove the heads for that job.<br /><br />My dad worked for Ford Motor Company for 22 years and made one.<br />Just took a spark plug and knocked all the porcelain out of it and welded a end that screwed into a air tool and walaa, there ya go.<br /><br />Years later and you could buy one.<br /><br />Go figure. Dad never thought anything about it, just stuff to make it easier on us.

Kiwi Phil

Commander

Is an epilady one of those grinding machines that rip the hairs out of your legs.<br />If that is the case, then my truly beloved tried it on my shoulders.......Jez........ it was worse than the time she tried the hot wax.<br />Anyway, dear wee Anita thinks it is just the bees knees. She actually wore out the 1st one and it now in the process of bugg*ring the 2nd.<br />She won't use it one her bikini line though.<br />Cheers<br />Phillip

LadyFish

Admiral

I guess if you can stand to let your leg hair grow out more than 1/8" it works. Personally, I found it painful and very time consuming.<br /><br />Surely this device was invented by a man who was dumped by a woman. Revenge, that what I call it. ;)

SoulWinner

Commander

The most useless invention I've ever tried to use was the United States Judical System. It has pretty much never failed to fail me. Then in 1992 and 1996 our electoral system really let me down.<br /><br />I tried some braided line on a brand new spinning combo recently. Hah! Almost threw the whole rig in the drink :mad: <br /><br />Those driveway edgers that that you hold firmly to the ground and push back and fourth along the edge of the drive......like to meet the guy that invented THAT :rolleyes:

gaugeguy

Captain

The most useless invention I ever used was the car theft prevention device "the CLUB". Some @#&*% stole my car and left the club where the car was parked. I guess they used a hacksaw to cut the steering wheel and to remove "the Club". I'm sure they got a pretty penny for that car in Mexico :mad: :mad:

tylerin

Commander

I'm thinking Neer Beer, I just don't get it :confused:

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by tylerin:<br />I'm thinking Neer Beer, I just don't get it :confused:
Is that the stuff on the very top of the beer coolers with the dust and cobwebs on it :confused:

tylerin

Commander

I still have my Buttoneer though :D

lakelover

Rear Admiral

An alarm clock :D

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

Cheap RJ45 crimpers from Radio Shack. One crimp and SNAP, it was broke.

Roger Rose

Cadet

"As seen on TV" can opener. That was a real jewell. Suppose to make a smooth edge on the can however they didn't tell you that it could cause severe lacerations trying to throw it away and that all the paper on the can ends up in your food!!

oddjob

Commander

A fish finder...